PDA

View Full Version : Beating the Blue CBT Course

KittyLittle
15-04-08, 23:30
Has anyone heard of or tried Beating the Blues course. My doctor has recommended it. It is a computerised course of 8 sessions that use the same methods and principles as CBT apparently. I do believe its free and you do it at a recognised centre near you (usually a medical practice or clinic), if you can obtain an activation code from your doctor you can even do it online from home!

Apparantly there have been good reports on it in the press too.

Anyone had any experience of this computer based course of sessions?

DeniseB
16-04-08, 00:06
Hi Kitty,

I did a beating the blues couse and did find parts of the course really helpful. :) It is based around CBT techniques and what you get from it will aslo depend on what you are doing it for, if that makes sence?!:unsure:

When I took the course, which was about two years ago, it centres around depression and situational anxiety (anxiety sparked from particular incidents). Whatever the reason you are doing the course there are some fantastic techniques to adopt and some great expalnations of why we think in cetain ways!:)

Go in with an open mind - if there are elements of the course that do not apply to you, skip through them, but most importantly apply those that fit xx:)

Hope it goes well for you - let us know how things are going and what you think of the course x

Denise:hugs: