PDA

View Full Version : hello!! new kid on the block!!

xLJx
16-04-08, 00:37
hi guys!! im new to the site and can i just say how refreshing it is to be able to talk to people who are going through what i am!!
we all know how truly debilitating it can be and anyone who hasnt' had it can never understand how we are feeling, its nice to have a perspective on things from people who are suffering as I am.

I do want you all to know though that help is out there and you should grab it with both hands!!!
I have been suffering with health anxiety and panic disorder on and off my whole 21 years, and it truly is the hardest battle i have had to face.
I am currently recieving cognitive behavioural therapy to control my demons and i have to say it has really helped me, and can help you too!!!
The things i have learnt are incredible, and really put your mind to rest (although it still manages to go into overdrive most nights)

i just thought id join the site to share my experiences, and my newfound knowledge of panic to reassure others that we are all ok, we are all in this together, and we will beat this!!!

i cant wait to talk to people who truly can empathise :)

stay well.

LJ xx :)

ollyollyolly
16-04-08, 01:01
Hey LJ, I know what you mean! And I'm new too.

While my anixiety isn't too bad now, when it was bad I couldn't sleep and dreaded going out, even just to a club or for a simple meal. Though I seem to be tackling it well and I only get anxious at the rarest of times :)

NK
16-04-08, 01:11
hi there.

i am new too, just found the site today and joined because i feel it can really help me and i can help others too with what i've found helps me.

i already feel comfortable as LJ has initials as a username like i have NK! One thing i worry about badly is being accepted and the littlest things like this make me feel more comfortable.

I also suffer from minor OCD although it is not as bad as i know it can get, but i still understand how terrible it is.

Chin up is the phrase i use to keep myself in good spirits so i've put it in my sig

xxx

Lilith1980
16-04-08, 06:26
Hi LJ

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
16-04-08, 08:10
hiya Lj,ollyollyolly,and Nk, a big warm :welcome: to you all its lovey to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room to talk to us all.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
16-04-08, 13:21
Hello Lj And Welcome..i Wish Ya Well........linda

bluebell68
16-04-08, 13:30
Hi LJ...:welcome: to NMP... great to have you on board, any help you can give will be gratefully received :yesyes:
Take Care

chalky
16-04-08, 16:02
Hi LJ,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

trac67
16-04-08, 17:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
17-04-08, 17:51
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)