PDA

View Full Version : Advise Please, what med should i try next....

licquyd
16-04-08, 03:09
Currently I'm on Cipralex 30 mg a day, which hardly helps my 4 to 5 panic attacks.

Before I took Remeron which didn't work either..

I have combined Cipralex with risperdone, and then tried trazadone with it, then seroquel....

I still panic way too much, Ativan is the only thing that helps but i'm taking too much of it...probably 2.5 mg a day....but i still do panic....i'm stuck in my home most of the time and been off work for 4 months...

Any
advice....thanks...

dmills1
16-04-08, 11:49
hi, i tried propranolol at 30mg and they didnt seem to help but im now on 80mg slow release capsules (propanolol) and im also on 25mg dosulepin antidepressant capusules at night

nanny
16-04-08, 13:27
Hi licquyd

I know this sounds silly but can't you just go to doc, explain how you feel and ask him/her if they can suggest something else.
There has to be some sort of meds out there that can help you, good luck:blush:

licquyd
16-04-08, 18:32
i have talked to my doctor and he has just advised more cipralex or different anti psycotics with cipralex....i'm thinking of asking him for Paxil CR, but i'm looking for opinion from people with panic....

HappyHayley
17-04-08, 08:20
Hi

I have been on and off propranalol for years. I have to say I think they work. They deal with the actual physical feelings, the heart racing, the shaking etc. When I first went on them, nearly fourteen years ago, all my symptons stopped and it allowed me to then deal with the actual panic in my panic attacks. The actual 'anxiety' stomach as I call it hasnt thought and after many years I decided to go to my doctor who has now prescribed citalpram. I have been and got the meds but I have decided not to go on them. As with what a lot of people say on this forum I think you definately have to put something in yourself so I have decided to go with vitamins and the mind over matter.

At the moment I am going with Millys idea with the vitamins and iron. These are
1 Berocca (soluble)
3 Magnesium & Calcium (Solgar brand)
1 Super Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg (Boots brand)

I have also cut out all sugar (I used to eat a packet of polos a day and I am sure this had something to do with it) only drink camomile tea, have a bach rescue remedy spray at the ready and some neroli floral water. I know I sound like a walking pharmacy but at the moment I do actually feel an awful lot better. The Berocca was voted best Boots vitamin last year so it must be good.

Obviously dont do anything without speaking to your doctor but it works for me.

Hayley