PDA

View Full Version : HI

sue1
27-03-05, 22:44
Hi all,
I'm not very good at writing on forums but here is a bit about myself.
I have 5 daughters and have a partner with ocd, over the years i thought i was going mad or there was something wrong with me until i found this site. I had my first panic attack about 2 weeks ago but have always felt dizzy and shakey in certain situations. Its a relief to find out what has been causing it. Now when i drive up town i start shaking and feel as though my foot is going to jump of the brake when i am in a queue of traffic and hit the car in front, so needless to say i try and avoid going now. Ive made an appointment at the doctors, so am hoping he can help in some way.
sue

seh1980
27-03-05, 22:50
hello Sue,

Welcome to the site!! :)

You have definitely done the right thing by making an appointment with the doctor - I hope he can offer you some good advice.

Meanwhile, let us know if you have any questions, ok?

Sarah :D

henri
27-03-05, 22:54
hi sue,
welcome to the site, it's been a godsend for me and i'm sure it will help you loads too!
let us know how it goes at the doctors,
henri x

sal
27-03-05, 23:13
Hi Sue

Welcome and how you are feeling and thinking is very common, you think it but you dont do it and we have all been there. You have a lot to cope with and now you need some support yourself rather than offering it. And i am sure we can all help you hon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
27-03-05, 23:22
Hi Sue

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad it is helping you already. Going to see your doctor is a positive step.

You'll get good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bubbles
27-03-05, 23:29
Sue,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a lot of pressure & much to cope with in your day-to-day life. You'll get lots of support here & people will help all they can.

I hope all goes well at the docs & he is able to help.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

maxine
28-03-05, 01:54
Hi Sue
Welcome to the site:D

Take care

Maxine

bluesparkle
28-03-05, 09:41
hi sue... :D
this is a great site ... the people are really friendly and helpful...
i have four children...how old are your girls?
good luck with the doc...
rach

tracyp584
28-03-05, 10:03
Hey Sue,
Welcome to the site!

tracy x x

sue1
28-03-05, 10:52
Hi rach
My girls are 5, 6, 9, 11 and 13. My youngest started school in september so i now get a bit of time for myself which is nice but wish i could get rid of the anxiety as it stops me doing certain things but i still enjoy the bit of freedom i have now. How old are yours?
sue

zena
28-03-05, 11:16
Hi Sue,
welcome to the site honey.
Wow 5 girls a hubby with ocd and now your having panics.
I have a feeling you are a strong person and just hit a blip in your life.
With your youngest at 5 and starting school maybe your body is saying 'hey bout time you took notice of me '
Start relaxing take time out for yourself. Della and some others have relaxation techniques on the site.
Hope the doctors goes ok. I hope they are supportive for you.

I have 1 daughter and recently 'got' another 2 (my nieces) and my son. Never a dull moment in the household.

If I can help in anyway just let me know.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

della
28-03-05, 17:22
hi sue

i think i would panic if i had 5 daughters and a husband with ocd....lol
you have made the first step in going to the doctor, and the second step by addmitting that you need to get help, and then you have found all the support you need here on this site, give yourself time and take time for yourdself.

take care

della

sal
28-03-05, 21:37
Hi Sue

You definately have your hands full there, but pleased you get sometime to yourself now that the youngest is at school. Anxiety and panic isnt going to go away over night but in time you will get stronger and get back to doing what you did before. I am half way there and when it first started i couldnt even have imagined that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bluesparkle
29-03-05, 10:24
hi sue...
mine are aged 19, 17(today) 15 and 10yrs...the eldest and youngest are girls...
i have found my anxiety slightly worse now they are older though and i have more time for me...
think i need to try to relax and use that time for me..
do you get time to go in the chat room in the evening... i dont always make it but it would be nice to chat and everybody is so friendly
rach

Meg
29-03-05, 17:44
Hi Sue,

**over the years i thought i was going mad** Think most of us have been there at some points. Its never happened though ...

**a queue of traffic and hit the car in front, so needless to say i try and avoid going now** Do not avoid things - that way agoraphobia starts ..
It may 'feel' totally horrendous but recovery actually starts from facing and working through the fears and not avoiding situations.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

What did your doctor say ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance