PDA

View Full Version : Back from doctors----sooo pleased i went!

jellybean43
16-04-08, 13:37
:D Hi everyone!
Well I went to the doctors today and I am soooo pleased i did!!
I saw a different doctor at the practice---he was really nice. He just smiled and nodded whilst i told him everything---I had written it all down.I said that I had all the tests for the swelling in my neck last Xmas and all came back fine but i am still convinced that i have lymphoma and that i am going to die.He took a look at my blood tests and tilted the screen and went through them all with me.He said that everything was perfect. He then felt my neck again(he didnt push to do this just said if i would like him to he would check it )---he was very thorough did back and front and said all is fine.
I then asked him to check my armpits as i said i am convinced the right one is a little swollen and again he said all is fine.

I then, asked him(Yeah i guess he was getting sick by now but i thought hey he is getting paid loads and i am lying awake worrying all night so i will just say it all whilst i am here!!!)to check the top of my back bone(yes i know mad!!) as i thought it was looking swollen too. He told me that the bone there is bigger and he named it and said all is absolutely fine

Soooo then he said he thinks i have ANXIETY------and that he can either give me tablets or I can see a psychologist. I said i would prefer the latter so i am getting referred.He said in light of the fact that i have told him i have suffered with anxiety on and off for years he thinks it will be a great help. So i am awaiting a letter which may , as i know, take months but hey i am happy to wait!!!!
I then asked him about my migraine tablets(PIZOTIFEN) that i take daily. I said that i noticed a side effect could be anxiety and over eating(WHICH I DO LOL) and he said that he thinks maybe it would be a good idea to change to PROPRANOLOL which not only will help with migraines but also with anxiety.
He has given me a prescription for 80mg daily but said to continue with my other tablets until i had had my holiday at the end of the month and then change over.
A little scared about doing this but hey it might be worth a try!!!!!
Anyhow i just want to say a huge thanks to everyone for their support on here and for giving me the CONFIDENCE to go to my doctors today before my holiday.
I have now had 3 doctors check me out so i am happy that i am ok!!!!!!
He said that what i am feeling is muscle and fat and that it is normal and that everyones neck is different.
He did however ask if i have night sweats---and i said i do occassionally but he didnt seem concerned.I said i have had these for years on and off!!!!
Thanks again everyone!! xxx

Panic1971
16-04-08, 13:42
Thats brilliant news Jellybean.

You can enjoy your holiday now. Have a brilliant time!!!

anxious
16-04-08, 13:42
Hi Jelly,

glad you had a good appointment and are getting referred for some help. Start concentrating on your holiday now,

love anx x

bluebell68
16-04-08, 13:48
Hi Jelly.... im so glad it went so well...:yahoo: ... i used to take Pizotifen for migraine and switched to Proprananol, which i think is much more effective... i still get them occassionally but a lot less than i did.......
Have a great holiday... you deserve it :D
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Take Care

Emira7
16-04-08, 13:52
Jellybean thats fabulous! YAY!!

When I went to my doctors, I told her that when she says I am OK I don't believe her sometimes afterwards. Since I have been again, she has been great in wording things and also reassuring me.

Have a fabulous holiday + enjoy!!!

Hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

menomum
16-04-08, 15:58
Hi Jellybean, its so great to hear your good news and i'm so pleased you had the guts to go to your dr. Now relax and have a great worry free holiday.
Best Wishes.

bottleblond
16-04-08, 16:06
Hiys jelly gal,

I'm really glad you decided to go to the Docs before you went on holiday because i have a funny feeling that you would have spent most of your holiday worrying about those if's, but's and maybe's :winks:.

I'm so glad you got the reasurance you needed and have a FABULOUS holiday.

Lots of Love

Lisa
xxxxx

chalky
16-04-08, 16:13
Hi Jellybean,

Delighted to hear this news.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Keep up the good work.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

jellybean43
16-04-08, 16:20
Hi
AWWWW thanks for all those lovely words of support. You have all been such a great help to me and I hope i can be of some support to other people.
I am having a good day today---the first good day in ages!!!!
xx

doodah
16-04-08, 16:31
Wooohooo - well done jellybean! Why not write down how you're feeling just now - as a reminder!:winks:

Wendy xxxxxxxxxxxx

jellybean43
16-04-08, 16:38
LOL---I am feeling soooo positive today---just hope i can keep it up but i am sure i can!
Even if when i get the counselling i am feeling loads better i am still going ahead with it cos i know i will never ever not be an anxious person and i would like to learn some skills to keep it at bay.(as i did way back in the 80s!!).
Thanks everyone xxx

SANDYJANE
16-04-08, 16:42
Hi Jellybean, well done, im so pleased for you.

Love Sandyjanexxx

minihaha
16-04-08, 23:39
hey hon, glad you got things checked out xx you enjoy ur holiday - its well deserved !!

Pickle
17-04-08, 16:29
:yesyes: Well done Jelly Bean, now you can relax and enjoy that holiday

Have fun

x