PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations/ectopics How Many Do You Get A Day?

louwilliams
16-04-08, 15:38
Just wondering how often we get palpitations/ectopics?

I get them almost, if not, everyday and they scare the crap out of me. they stop me in my tracks and affect nearly every part of my day to day life, as well as my childrens lives and my partners. I dont drink caffine, I gave up drinking months ago and dont smoke-I have read a few things about taking magnesium and calcium to help stop them? has anyone heard this or tried it?

I have a 24hr ecg booked for 25th April and an appointment for results with the cardiologist on 1st May but I am interested to see how often we "sufferers" get them.

Thanks

lou xxx

Coni
16-04-08, 16:13
for me its really variable, though I cant identify particular triggers.

Some days I get hardly any but the ones I do get are like big, long, scary wobbles (sorry for the description lol).

Other days I can have lots of milder ones....as was the case when I had my 24hr ecg....but atleast something showed up.

Lately I have had really strong palpitations which have wakened me at night which is new for me and I find that a bit disturbing but I am trying not to allow myself to get too freaked about it.

Coni X

louwilliams
16-04-08, 16:27
Coni

If you dont mind me asking...What were the results of your 24hr ECG? and we're you given any medication for them?

Thanks

Lou x

Coni
16-04-08, 17:54
Ive not been back to see the consultant yet lou (my appt got cancelled)....but the letter said my ecg was 'essentially normal with some ectopics'....the last time I spoke to the consultant he said there were medications I could try (apart from propranolol which gave me a night time cough).

Hope this helps

Coni X

SueBee
18-04-08, 23:04
My palpatations are worse in the evening for some reason. I'm ok all day then after dinner they start up and continue til i go to bed

SueBee
18-04-08, 23:19
Yes James, I consider this site my life-line at the moment. I know I will feel better in time, but knowing there are others who feel the same as me is reassuring to say the least. Wish I'd found it years ago.

kilvosa
19-04-08, 00:20
Hi Lou
I can go months withoput any and then they come with a vengance been getting them everyday foor the last two weeks getting less now. Have had 2 ecgs both normal. also had 24 hour monitor but didnt get any palpataions during it . mostly mine are in evening while at work or busy im fine trying not to think about them now but its hard. Take care Anne xx

cattttt
20-04-08, 06:04
Get them all the time, but only notice them if I'm anxious or not doing anything, often a problem when I'm in bed waiting to go to sleep. The other night they were keeping me awake, so I got up and had something to eat and sat reading for an hour before I was able to go back to bed and get to sleep.
I've been checked too and all normal, so I try not to let it worry me.

kirstaii
21-04-08, 00:03
I got a real fright yesterday evening, as my heart beated randomly for about 10 seconds - sometimes missing beats, sometimes having extra ones. I have learned to accept that the single palpitations are part of my life now, but the times when they persist for several seconds at a time are really hard to deal with. Thankfully this only happens once in a while.

Does anyone else have these extended palpitations, where it lasts for a dozen or so beats?

beadbabe
22-04-08, 09:27
Can we have a separate category please.
3,000 or more.

I'd be laughing if I only had 30 a day.

bead:flowers:

katiejake
30-06-08, 17:00
I have been having them for past 6 or so weeks, mine are every few heartbeats 24/7. Im getting used to them now and Im not worrying, I have a 24 hour ECG booked for 2 weeks today. I find running on spot, moving around, moving any part of your body quickly helps take your mind of em, I was terrified at first as its a awful feeling but Im still here so hey, cant be that much to worry about.........(I hope anyway)