PDA

View Full Version : Had a HORRIBLE day out today...

Paulos
16-04-08, 19:54
Anyone ever get like this? I had such a horrible day out... first I went to the doctor with my hemmerhoid issue which is only a grade I one so I'm lucky there, then we go to K Mart and the car doesn't start up which made me panic, xanax made me calm down but ... I was so ocd about not being able to handle an emergency if I was alone or afraid I wouldn't be able to get home by myself even though I had my family with me. Anyway then we jump started it and it worked, then had pizza, then went home with my lovely grandfather and we made a wrong turn which shows my inability at using maps and navigation and got lost for about 3 minutes, then we got back on track and jeez... I'm only hoping this insecurity is from my alcoholism fog or I may end up never being able to take care of myself alone... any input, anyone? :bighug1:

bluebell68
16-04-08, 21:31
Hi Paulos.... when we suffer anxiety things that would normally only be an incovienience become very stressful... although these events obviously caused you a great deal of distress you should take comfort from the fact that you got thru them... you did get home and ultimately you were ok at the end of it... Anxiety is horrible, it saps our confidence and makes us question out ability to cope with everyday life but I am sure that you are stronger than you think. I have no doubt at all that if you ever did find yourself in a similar situation, that even without your family's help you would cope just fine.... i am not saying that it might not be just as stressful but i think that you should try and turn it on its head and try take the positives from today, those being that it was a difficult day but that you coped with it and let this build your confidence :yesyes: .
Stay strong
:bighug1:
ps.. I can't read maps at all :ohmy: , im rubbish and it drives my hubbie crazy, so you are not alone there !

Paulos
17-04-08, 02:32
thanks very much bluebell :|