PDA

View Full Version : been put on pill for pmt but im worried!sdvice pleeze x

bexy1970
17-04-08, 09:23
:shrug: hiya, went to gp yesterday as my pmt /anxiety bad for 3 weeks of the month!! hes put me on a combined contracpetive pill trinordiol which he said is great for pmt.. he let me have it as i gave up smoking, as im over 35!!(oldies that smoke cant have it!!) im just gettin in a flap now as im 37(old) for the combined pill, and my bloodpressure slightly high, but dc said not high enough for him to not prescribe the pill. im worried now bout clots, heart attacks etc.. but doc wouldnt have given me them would he? i just want this pmt to go.. its horrid, any advice pleeze!!

miss diagnosis
17-04-08, 09:33
ive been on the pill for years and i have slightly high blood pressure too. so far no blood clots or anything like that. I think the risk is minimal.
I dont find it helps with PMT though to be honest. Im worse then ever! have u tried a combination of evening primrose oil and vitiman b12?.That was recommended to be my a girl in a health shop and it does work

bexy1970
17-04-08, 09:47
hi ta for replying hun. u name it i take it, vit b, eve primrose etc.. went on pill for contraception too, if you dont mind me asking how old are you? know the blood pressure thing not to much to worry bout as im usually stressed goin to docs neway! xx

miss diagnosis
17-04-08, 12:38
im 28. On a pill called yasmin. its meant to be lighter then normal pills. still works though. been using it 7 years!