PDA

View Full Version : DIARIES

della
28-03-05, 19:05
How many of you keep a daily journel?
This was something that i did for about 8yrs (although i have to admit that i did not write in it every day) But now this journal is precious to me. A journal allows you to see how far you have come and more importantly .....how you felt it also allows us to look back after a short while, and look at things in a different light.
I know that on some days if i had tried to do something and i didnt do it without panicking i frequently felt like a dissappointment to myself....i would really beat myself up over these things ...and writing it down and then letting a week or so pass and re- reading it makes us see things differently.....i could sometimes say to myself ...at least i tried.

della[8D]

nomorepanic
28-03-05, 19:13
Della

I think quite a few are keeping them on here as Meg suggested it and it seems to really help people.

I used to make recordings onto a tape cassette - makes me cry to listen to it now though !

Glad it helped you too.

Nicola

mico
28-03-05, 19:33
I think it's a good idea and has been mentioned many times on here before.

I've often thought about keeping journals myself, but maybe I'm scared as to what they would turn into! :D I can picture a series of very in depth, yet illegible books, that would drive even the most sane individual into a state of infinite confusion!

It still tempts me though...

mico

seh1980
28-03-05, 19:35
I keep saying that Im going to start one but still haven't got around to it..hopefully I will one day soon..:D

nomorepanic
28-03-05, 19:37
Mico

If you wrote a diary it would be an epic tale after just one day LOL!! We know you like to write and philosophise (spelling)!

Nicola

mico
28-03-05, 19:40
Nic

If you think what I write in here is bad, it isn't a scratch on what I would write if I knew no one else would be reading it!!

mico

nomorepanic
28-03-05, 20:00
LOL Mico - you are a star and we love your posts when you get your "epic post" head on!

Nicola

didunn1
28-03-05, 20:47
I always used to keep a diary as a teenager so my hubby bought me a journal out on holiday in Florida last year-they have a book for everything over there. I'm trying to fill it with happy memories as well as affirmations and positive thoughts from self-help books and websites. It's good to look back on when Im feeling low.

I've even put a few photos of me on the roller-coasters to prove how brave I can be.

Di

nomorepanic
28-03-05, 21:21
I keep a scrap book too - it may sound sad but it contains achievements to me - bus tickets, plane tickets, tram tickets, concert tickets etc. Just to remind me that I can do those things and when I did them.

May sound sad to some people but I am sure you all see it as achievements to date!

Nicola

sal
28-03-05, 21:46
Hi Della

I wrote a diary and put my deepest thoughts into it and logged how often i needed to take diazepam etc, but someone broke my trust and read it and although i gained a lot from having one, im not happy to do it again although it helped me loads.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

vernon
28-03-05, 21:55
Hi, I keep a diary to and for those who don’t seem to want to keep one I find Microsoft word is great as you can auto put in time and date; I then create a shortcut for the month I am on my desktop. I only record what time I got up how I felt when I got up and who went and came on that day etc, I also keep what I call a stress chart, I make a table say 6 columns and 6 rows and head it

Date Time What was the occasion Rating What brought it on

How did you cope Rerating

This one is only to record my upps and downs so I can look back and see the most effective way of dealing with anxiety,

sal
28-03-05, 22:02
Vern email me how i can do that as you know i am not very computer wise and want somewhere to write my thoughts when i know no one can get to them like they did before. Hope you are okay babe.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

maxine
29-03-05, 15:14
I have a diary but i only write where i went to and how i felt about it, i dont fancy the idea of putting my deepest darkest secrets down on paper, never mind anything else i dont want people knowing how my mind works and there is always a possiblity i could land myself in jail!:D:D (i'm kidding with the prison bit btw)

Maxine

carlin
29-03-05, 15:25
Hi there,
I have been keeping, what i call notes, for many years now, no-one knows of them, they are for my use only, it is a daily record of how i felt, anxiety wise, what i had to do, whether or not i succeeded, etc...many times over the years, i have referred back to these notes, and it has helped me enormously, i.e. the parents evening senario, always feel scared etc.. but when i look back to last terms, i realize that i done it even when i felt awful, as mentioned, i don't go into great depressing detail, but definately my notes help me.