PDA

View Full Version : Coming off citalopram

Heaven_Scent
17-04-08, 17:40
Came off it about 6 months ago and my Dr has put me on sertraline which just seems to have made me worse. Im thinking of going back onto citalopram. Anyone else done this?Xx

bluebell68
17-04-08, 22:38
Hi Heaven.....yep i came off the citalopram months ago but have recently started them again.....i had a few side-effects at the start but they have settled again now... if you feel like you would be better back on the citalopram talk to your doc....
Take Care
:bighug1:

hopeful
18-04-08, 09:28
Hi Heaven,
How long were you on citalopram?
I've been on it for 7 months now and intend to stay on it for a couple of years,if not always,cos I'm scared that i'll need to go back on and would not want to go through the side effects again.:nonono:
julie x:hugs:

Heaven_Scent
18-04-08, 09:57
Mornin :) I was on citalopram for about 3/4 years. It worked wonders but started to loose its affects (well thats what i thought) my biological father died of lung cancer last april so i recon that had something to do with my mental state and anxiety. What side effects did you have? The only one i suffered was the lack of sex drive. Since bein on sertraline its gone all together. Im hopin with the right meds and some councellin (which i've never had) i'll be back on track soon.Xx

hopeful
21-04-08, 09:48
Hi Heaven,

I only had the normal side effects,nausea,shaky,spaced out etc.
Once they wore off I was ok but I wouldn't like to go through them again.I'm on 30mg which suits me.What dose were you on?

Sorry about your sad loss.I'm sure that would have been the cause of your setback.:hugs:

smudgie
21-04-08, 10:12
Hi Heaven-scent, Bluebell and hopeful

Ive been on citalopram for about 3yrs, 40mg.
I thought I was doing really well a fews months ago so reduced it to 20mg slowly. Its been a month and already Ive had to increase the dose I think the citalopram is keeping my head above water and think if Im on it for the rest of my life so be it.

I really think it works for me.
Everyone is diffirent though so you must make the choice yourself with the help of your dr perhaps.

Take care of you
Smudgie

hopeful
21-04-08, 10:32
Hi Ness,

I agree with you.It keeps my head above water too.Wish I'd found it years ago.:hugs: