PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Harli
17-04-08, 19:46
Hi

I'm new here and hoping to find some help and advice. I have always been a bit of a "stress head" but could keep things under control. That was until last week when I almost choked on a piece of food and had a mega panic, I was literally crying with fear. Since then I have felt awful, nausea, no appetite, feeling light headed and "out of it", unable to concentrate, feeling of a lump in the throat, tight chest etc. I have managed to eat soup and cereal but most days I am scared to swallow in case I choke. I hate being ill so this is making me more anxious. I web searched my symptoms, bad idea, and decided I had numerous serious illnesses, then I found this site and felt much better after reading a few posts and the symptoms section. The symptoms that are bothering me most are the feeling of the lump to the right hand side of my throat (it comes and goes) and the fact that every time I swallow solid food I feel as if the food gets stuck half way down (I don't think it does but it feels as if it does). Can anyone reassure me?

Harli

debera
17-04-08, 20:01
hi harli and welcome
debera:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

bottleblond
17-04-08, 20:11
Hiya harli,

Welcome aboard!!

I'm so sorry this has happened to you!

Ok if you fall off a bike, best thing to do is get straight back on. please don't change your food because of this as it will only be more difficult for you in the long run. I know choking is horrible and scary but please try to resume a normal diet asap!! you'll be fine and the fear will fade.

Good luck hun

Lisa
xxx

Harli
17-04-08, 20:24
Thanks for the welcomes and the advice. I am trying to eat normally but the nausea has killed my appetite. I did manage a full meal on Sunday and felt fine but now the thought of food makes me feel ill.

Lilith1980
18-04-08, 06:22
Hi Harli

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
18-04-08, 12:46
Hello Harli And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well.......linda

nomorepanic
18-04-08, 18:09
Hi Harli

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help along the way.

chalky
18-04-08, 18:32
Hi Harli,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
18-04-08, 19:29
hiya Harli :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D .
best wishes
takecare:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
19-04-08, 19:36
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

trac67
22-04-08, 17:56
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx