PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking aloud

doddy
28-03-05, 23:43
Dear All,

Just thought id share this with you, not sure why just thought you might find it interesting. A friend of mine was diagonised with a tumor last week, unfortuneltly its inoperable, hes only 29. anyway i was talking to him today and he knows what a bad year ive had but what he said to me really hit home.

He said hed give anything to swop with me if he could as I can make myself right again, he unfortunaelty cant, he said though what I (and you) go through can be awful at times at least we have the chance to fight it and win, made me feel quite humble really., in fact made me more determined than ever.

wifes diagonised with epliepsy four weeks ago, now my friend.......but strange really as this has given me some persepctive on life and anxiety, its only worry.........could be far far worse........good to count your blessings sometimes.

sorry to ramble just wanted to share.

doddy

seh1980
29-03-05, 10:58
hello Doddy,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and your wife. That must be really horrible for you. You are very right though - what we have is nothing compared to some of the more serious things that people get the whole time. No matter how much we suffer with anxiety, etc we are quite lucky really..

Sarah :D

celia
29-03-05, 11:06
thank you for sharing your story, its helped a lot. we are lucky that its possible to recover, i have had a few panic free years before my latest relapse. i really feel for you and your situation, hope you are ok

celia

sal
29-03-05, 13:55
Sorry to hear about your friend. My friend died of cancer a few years back and it was really hard but i remember she always used to tell me that my illness wasnt terminal, could last for years but i could get better.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

mico
29-03-05, 16:35
Hi Doddy

That's a very sad story, but as you say, also very humbling and it certainly puts things into perspective.

I hope your friend is doing ok, and your wife too.

Thanks for sharing

mico

nomorepanic
29-03-05, 17:57
Doddy

Sorry to hear that bad news and it does put things in perspective.

My partner's dad died of cancer and for me it made me realise that however bad I felt I could get over this in time and he had no chance of recovery.

I am sure you will be there for him and I bet it will make you a stronger person in the end.

Nicola