PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

G
29-03-05, 00:20
Hi all

I'm Gareth, and I've been looking for info for about anxiety (my girlfriend is a sufferer). Really glad I found this site - loads of useful info & friendly people in the chat room - thanks!

G

della
29-03-05, 00:28
hi G welcome
not only can your girlfriend use this site but many others use it to help those that they care about...relatives , carers and friends.

your girlfriend will gain a great deal of encouragement and help from this site

take cre

della[8D]

bubbles
29-03-05, 00:58
Gareth,

Welcome to the site.

I'm sure you'll find it helpful. Lots of friendly people who will help & advise.
Has your girlfriend had a look at the site?

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

G
29-03-05, 01:05
She hasnt had a look at it yet - will get her to though as I'm sure it'll help her.

FAN
29-03-05, 09:13
hi welcome to the forum im sure being here will really help your girlfriend

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

rachel25
29-03-05, 13:21
get her on here, it will be really useful, plus i think it really great that you are trying to help her in any way you can

Rach xx

sal
29-03-05, 13:49
Hi Gareth

She will get loads of help on here and the people are so friendly.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

G
29-03-05, 14:59
thanks again everyone for the warm welcome :)

maxine
29-03-05, 15:01
Hiya Gareth,
Welcome to the site, your girlfriend will find it very useful, you are being a very caring boyfriend you'll be earing yourself some brownie points with the females on this site anyway!:D:D

Take care

Maxine

kairen
29-03-05, 16:32
hi gareth,

get your girlfriend on EVERYONE is great in here,

kairen x

nomorepanic
29-03-05, 16:40
Hi Gareth

We were talking about putting a new forum on here for carers of sufferers so I will do it tonight before I forget.

Lovely to see you here and that you care enough about your girlfriend to come looking for some help for her.

I hope we can be of help to you both - her as a sufferer and you as her partner who, as we all know, has to put up with all the problems us sufferers have.

Welcome aboard.

Nicola

Meg
29-03-05, 17:28
Hi Gareth

I appreciate how much of this burden friends and family sometimes carry both with struggling to understand and with knowing what thay can actually do to help.

Please do post if there is any aspect you'd like further insight into. If your girlfriend is not yet up to a site like this do print off a few pertinent pages both to show her that it is overcomeable and to show her the path towards recovery.

First Steps is a good place to start : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Tracy68
29-03-05, 17:37
Hi Gareth
Welcome to the site. As you can see you'll find plenty of help and support from everyone on here for your girlfriend and for yourself.
Take care
Tracy
x

G
29-03-05, 18:05
I think it'll be a while before she posts on here, if at all - she's quite a private person in that respect. Even so, just reading about people who have been in the same boat will be really helpful (to both of us).

Thanks for that link, Meg - printing that off now!

Karen
29-03-05, 18:59
Hi Gareth

Welcome to the site. It was nice to meet you in chat last night.

I think it is great that you are doing so much to learn how to help and support your girlfriend. Hopefully she will feel up to having a look at the forum herself at some point.

Hope we can be of help to you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
29-03-05, 22:03
Hi Garath

Like you say even if she doesnt post reading some of the posts on here will give her some support and help you both.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
31-03-05, 15:11
Gareth

I have moved your post to this newly created topic. Hope you don't mind.

Nicola

seh1980
31-03-05, 16:09
hi Gareth,

Welcome!! Just getting her to read these posts will benefit her - she doesn't have to post if she doesn't want to though we hope she will do when she feels more comfortable doing so!!

Sarah :D

G
31-03-05, 16:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I have moved your post to this newly created topic. Hope you don't mind.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Not at all! I'll post a more carer specific topic when I have a bit more time - work is crazy at the moment :(