PDA

View Full Version : daft question

menomum
18-04-08, 11:50
Hi everyone, i know this sounds daft but at the moment i'm going through a really bad time with health anxiety and what i wanted to know is if by keeping focusing on a particular area (right boob) you can actually make that area ache or feel sore or have i completely lost the plot?

countrygirl
18-04-08, 14:20
Yes yes yes you can conjure up all sorts of weird and wonderful symptoms with your mind!! I read an article on a neurological disorder and within hours had jumping muscle in my thigh! The cause was the anxiety brought on by reading the article.

Obvioulsy if something continues to bother you in the boob area get it checked out but if all is well after a few days don't worry. I have spinal problems and can get nerve irritation around my trunk and if its at boob level I can get tingling or shooting pains in one boob - it will last a few days then go away and I have had it occasionally for past 15 yrs ! But if I got it and it didn't go away after a week then i would get it checked out.

CONS
18-04-08, 14:24
Totally agree with countrygirl,

Reading a book named "solitude" made me head tingle within the first 20 pages and left me breathless.

Good intentions by my friend but had adverse effects.

However here is a brucey bonus for you to remember,

this is how to self-heal, by projecting good thoughts or to dismiss what is happening.