PDA

View Full Version : Shy

Starlight
18-04-08, 11:57
Hi everyone,

I recently joined NMP to make new friends and offer my support to anyone who needs it. I have made some posts and have been in the chat room a few times but found I was too shy to make conversation. I just wondered if anyone else feels the same way. I don`t know how to overcome my shyness, any ideas?
:blush:

Heaven_Scent
18-04-08, 12:12
Just go for it!! :) No need to be shy, everyones in the same boat.Xx

thevoicewithinme
18-04-08, 12:13
Hello Starlight and welcome.

Yes I too find it hard to make conversation. When you enter the room, just say hello to everyone in the room and they in return will say hi back to you.

Sometimes I just sit and watch the conversation as I am at a total loss as to what to say to people, but I find by watching whats being said, I start thinking of answers etc or comments to make..so..instead of just thinking them...I type them...admittedly sometimes it might seem a bit random, but by doing this I have got to know people in there and now find it easier to talk each time.

I am sure you will soon get the hang of it and that you will make many friends on here.

Kaz

CONS
18-04-08, 12:14
"Sometimes I just sit and watch the conversation as I am at a total loss as to what to say to people"

Same here.

Lindalou64
18-04-08, 12:44
Hello Starlight And Welcome........i Wish Ya Well.....linda

jesse08
18-04-08, 12:56
I haven't been in the chatroom here but in other chatrooms,I find it best to just be myself. If I don't know what to say, I find that others will ask questions and then I can answer and "conversation" just starts.

Starlight
18-04-08, 14:42
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies and advice, I will try to put it into practice.

bottleblond
18-04-08, 15:08
Hi Star

Hun don't worry if you are shy in chat. Try popping in and out till you feel more comfortable with it. it's ALWAYS quieter during the day so maybe start then!! Just take your time, there's no hurry!!

Love Lisa
xxx

marie1974
18-04-08, 15:16
hiya dont worry about being shy we are all lovely here matey, mayb look for people similar to you on here and reply to some posts then mayb you may find some penpals on here and you will be able to support each other and have a laugh too hugs xxxxx

nomorepanic
18-04-08, 18:07
Hi Starlight

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help along the way.

smudgie
18-04-08, 18:17
Hi Starlight

I can remember my first time being here , I was ok with posting but when it came to going into the chatroom I was afraid, afraid of what people would think of me but i soon learnt that we are all here for the same reason.

Try it and see what happens , try by saying HI im new to this.

Take care and take the step, you have nothing to fear.
Smudgie

chalky
18-04-08, 18:36
Hi Starlight,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
19-04-08, 19:35
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

trac67
22-04-08, 17:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx