PDA

View Full Version : hello anyone who remembers me - here's an update!

feege
18-04-08, 22:53
I thought I'd drop in and say hi and just let people who remember me know how I am doing...

I have been going from strength to strength anxiety wise (physical health problems still an issue mind you!).

I haven't had a proper panic attack for over a year, or been up in the night or had to call NHS direct!

My panic and anxiety reached a peak 2-3 years ago, although I have suffered for many years prior... a particularly stressful family crisis (sarah is doing absolutely fantastically!) combined with various other things to tip me into total high anxiety and health anxiety.

I finally got CBT 18 months ago and went every week for a year and now go fortnightly. I have a lot of stuff to deal with still but I am posting right now because I gave up smoking 5 weeks ago (something I couldn't imagine being able to cope with) and flew to Malaga for a friend's wedding (came back on Weds) and I have absolute terror of flying. I flew out on the snowy sunday so had over 4 hour delays and came back through a storm over the spanish mountains!!!!

It's not all a bed of roses but I really am making steady progress. Giving up smoking and flying this year were my two biggest goals so I am absolutely chuffed with myself!

Love to everyone on this site - some of the best people I have EVER met!

Thank you again and again for all your support xxxxxx

alexis
19-04-08, 01:13
Hi Fee, nice to see you again, so glad Sarah is doing so well, is she out of the woods yet or not?
I guess you must of flown out on the day I flew back, as it was snowing as I landed.
If we had been using a London airport we would have had delays, but fortunately we were not.
Well done and always nice to read about success. Take care.xxx

Karen
19-04-08, 01:26
So good to hear from you Fee :hugs: and I am glad you are doing so well :yesyes:

Good news about Sarah too.

I often wonder about you and how you are doing. I'm glad the CBT has helped.

Well done for your hard work and persistence.

Karen xx

Lindalou64
19-04-08, 01:37
Hello Fee And Welcome ............i Wish Ya Well..............linda

Coni
19-04-08, 11:08
Hi Fee, great to hear you are doing so well and great news about Sarah too!

Its great to see you back, ready to inspire the rest of us lol!

Well done!!!!!

Coni XX