PDA

View Full Version : i NEED you

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 13:22
Hi every body

I'm new in here,

i'm confuzed about my condition and am going through bad times now,

i've been having panic attacks more than once a day and more than dozens a week,

i don't have someone to understand what i am going through so i thought

that some of you would understand because we are going through the same

thing..

please if you know a way to get me out of this miserable situation don't ever

hesitate to tell me ,

i'm so young and i don't want my age to fade with panic

CONS
19-04-08, 13:27
Firstly welcome and congratulations as you have stumbled into the gold-mine of recovery solutions and ideas.

Sections here are clearly marked out and you will discover that the majority of the board experience the same as you right now or have done in the past.

As for me, im with you right now.

Welcome,

Cons

marie1974
19-04-08, 13:29
hiya and welcome, yes loads of people on here suffer like you and will be able to help you, i personally find keeping busy and turning negatives into positives. i think u should set small goals every day and work from there mayb exercise in doors or think about what you are good at and take it from there. sorry im not very helpful but you will makes loads friends on here and support xx

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 13:38
i feel confuzed and i am shaking am scared am paniced and i don't know what to do

marie1974
19-04-08, 13:39
hey i am here if it helps, has something triggered this now at this moment?
deep breathes and try think something positive

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 13:43
i felt like i'm going to faint , now i can't breathe well

marie1974
19-04-08, 13:44
you can just sit comfortably close eyes deep breathes and think something nice, tell me when u feel better

bluebell68
19-04-08, 13:52
Hi i agree with donna... the only thing i find that helps with my panic attacks is activity... as i understand it when we are having a panic attack our bodies produce loads of adrenalin, which whilst harmless physically it can produce feelings of lightheadedness, palps and all the horrible feelings associated with panic.....it is something to do with the prehistoric 'fight or flee' reaction that our mind is programmed to produce when we feel threatened... trouble is for some of us, we feel threatened all the time and don't know why:mad: .. the theory being that the adrenalin creates a peak performance state by increasing our heart rate and diverting essential resources like blood and oxygen to our heart and lungs to enable us to either fight or flee the perceived danger...totally harmless physically and great for dinasour wrestling at a seconds notice but not so good when we are just sat at our desks or in the queue at tesco :blush: ..... anyway.. when we do a physical activity whilst we are in panic, like walking quickly or dancing... whatever really.... we burn off the adrenalin quickly and everything returns to normal... i think thats how it works .... so in short, thats my advice when you feel a panic attack starting, find something midly physical to do even if it is just pulling a few weeds in the garden or walking up and down stairs... as hard as it is to do, it can work.
However, i have found both beta blockers and Citalopram great for reducing the frequency of my panic attacks, so it may be worth having a chat with your doctor...
Take Care :bighug1: and PM me anytime...
Rach

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 13:57
i was wiggling untill i calmed now

marie1974
19-04-08, 13:58
how u feeling now?

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 14:00
thank you all... donna , cons, jimmirock and bluebell68

i think that i am in safe hands now

i appreciate your fast interaction with me

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 14:01
donna i feel better now

marie1974
19-04-08, 14:04
oh great im so pleased anytime you need me just pm me hugs to you xxxx

CONS
19-04-08, 14:09
Your more than welcome,

Try distract yourself as much as possible as and when this happens.

You will find your own resolve from others suggestions.

Cons

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 14:17
i try to not think of fear while am in panic but i just can't get the thoughts out and i feel like i've been lost in strange place or some other times i feel like i have been chased,sweating and my heart beats so fast,

if you experienced a way to distract your self and it worked can you please post it so that i can try it

marie1974
19-04-08, 14:22
i am glad u have calmed done hugs xx

marie1974
19-04-08, 14:35
you just need to keep busy doing anything and let it pass xxx

CONS
19-04-08, 15:52
Hopefully my pm's will help you :)

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 16:21
Thanks all

Pickle
19-04-08, 17:01
Hi PanicSuffer, :welcome: to the site.

I'm glad there were some great people around when you needed them.

My doctor (who is great lol) gave me a great tip when my breathing goes to pot - sit down and bend over your knees - this restricts your diaphram and therefore slows your oxygen intake - a great remedy for hyperventilation.

Take care and I hope you are feeling much better

x

marie1974
19-04-08, 17:05
thats a great tip pickle and big hugs panicsufferer you doing great xx

Pickle
19-04-08, 17:11
Hi Donna, I'd never heard of it before but I had a panic attack in front of him a couple of weeks ago and he immediately told me to sit down and bend over.

The pins and needles in my hands (a sure sign of hyperventilation apparently) went within a minute and I calmed down quicker than I ever had before.

It's something I will never forget lol

Take care

x

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 18:22
hi pickle

sometimes i have difficulty in breathing, i breathe in and out but i feel no air going to my lungs

marie1974
19-04-08, 18:25
hiya panicsufferer, pickle gave some great tips try wot she said next time you have an attack as she said it worked really well xx

Pickle
19-04-08, 18:33
Hi PanicSufferer :hugs:

It sounds exactly the same as what happens to me. When it happened in the surgery the doctor assured me it was hyperventilation, altho in your case it might not be so it might be wise to get it checked out.

When we get anxious or start to panic, we dont notice how rapid our breathing becomes. In my case it's hyperventilation.

Medical description is: hyperventilation (or overbreathing) is the state of breathing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath) faster and/or deeper than necessary, thereby reducing the carbon dioxide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide) concentration of the blood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood) below normal.

Hyperventilation can, but does not necessarily always cause symptoms such as numbness or tingling in the hands, feet and lips, lightheadedness, dizziness, headache, chest pain, slurred speech etc

Not everything works for everyone but why not try the sitting and bending next time - hopefully it will work for you too :yesyes:

Take care

x

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 18:53
i will try thanks sis.

nomorepanic
19-04-08, 19:19
Hi PS

A warm :welcome: aboard.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of support and advice.

You will meet some lovely people here.

Nibbles
19-04-08, 19:38
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 23:42
thanks mike and nomorepanic

i still can't sleep i've been trying for the five past hours

it's 2:44 am my time , and i have school in the morning

Pickle
20-04-08, 00:35
Hi PanicSufferer - when I cant sleep I try one of two things

1 -Listen to my iPod - I have loads of Playlists so pick one that is relaxing and I soon fall asleep

2 - Play the ABC game !! - Pick a subject and name something within that subject from A to Z. Believe me, rather than keep your brain awake, you will soon fall asleep without realising it

It won't work for everyone but why not give it a try, you've nothing to lose

Sleep tight x

Lindalou64
21-04-08, 00:54
Hello And Welcome........i Wish Ya Well..............linda

Lilith1980
21-04-08, 07:40
Hi Panicsufferer

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

P!nk!sh
21-04-08, 08:25
good ideas Pickle

thanks for welcoming me "jo and linda"

trac67
22-04-08, 17:47
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

P!nk!sh
22-04-08, 19:51
thanks trac

marie1974
23-04-08, 00:22
i always find reading in bed sends me off to sleep quickly, hope u are feeling better xx

Joe1981
23-04-08, 06:50
Welcome to the site! :D