PDA

View Full Version : Hey! I'm Lewis.

CPLewis
19-04-08, 17:50
Hey I am Lewis. I had my first bad panic attack after smoking alot of weed. Since then I have quite weed. But the panic attacks still accure. Just today I decided to get the bus some where but my panic stopped me and I had to get off before getting to my destonation.

Just simple tasts I am now finding so hard and after it I always feel so pathetic.

All day every day all I do is check my heartbeat to make sure one isn't coming along. Some days can be good days and I can go out and feel great through out the whole day, and some days I cannot do any thing and I feel useless.

I am scared to talk to any one. I know the embarrisment will probably bring on another one.

I am so scared and confused and I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Thank you for reading.

Lewis.

marie1974
19-04-08, 18:03
hi lewis and welcome, 1st of all dont feel embarrassed, u will see on this site there are loads of people the same as you and help and support each other. you will also make friends too, please read all the info on the site too and some of the threads people have wrote this may help. wishing u well xxxx

CONS
19-04-08, 18:09
Hey I am Lewis. I had my first bad panic attack after smoking alot of weed. Since then I have quite weed. But the panic attacks still accure. Just today I decided to get the bus some where but my panic stopped me and I had to get off before getting to my destonation.

Just simple tasts I am now finding so hard and after it I always feel so pathetic.

All day every day all I do is check my heartbeat to make sure one isn't coming along. Some days can be good days and I can go out and feel great through out the whole day, and some days I cannot do any thing and I feel useless.

I am scared to talk to any one. I know the embarrisment will probably bring on another one.

I am so scared and confused and I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Thank you for reading.

Lewis.

Thats exactley why i quit weed,

everything you just typed on your intro explains how i was 2 years ago.

Welcome to the board, have a nosy around and find some answers and common ground with the people here.

Cons

CPLewis
19-04-08, 18:24
Thank you all for your replies, It has made me feel alot more welcome

Another thing that is worrying my is that I drink to cover up the feeling of panic. I am scared I will become dependent on drink because it settles me. God damn. I dunno.

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 18:29
you are ok don't worry, you will be just fine, we will try to help

and i am sure you can cope with this

don't worry ..

CPLewis
19-04-08, 18:33
I know you say it will be okay and all. And I thank you for trying to help. But every one tells me all the time I will be okay but when A panic attack comes along, I just think I am gunna die.

kellie
19-04-08, 18:34
hiya lewis welcome to nmp its great to have you here. try to leave the beer alone as it only adds to the anx/panic. you may feel it is relaxing you but it aint as the next few days the panic will feel worse. call into the chat room where you can talk to us all about things or just have a giggle. if you dont feel ready to do that yet just keep posting and we will give you as much support/advice as we can .
best wishes
take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

marie1974
19-04-08, 18:41
if you read panicsufferer thread a post from pickle may really help you a tip when an attack comes on please read it xxxx

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 18:48
ok lewis , i understand you , every one says that to me

and i also feel like i'm going to die

but what should we do in these situations??

we should have someone else to tell us that we are just fine even if we weren't

it is difficult to find someone with you every time you panic but you can try to find someone , and i think no one here will refuse to be with you when you need them even in pm's or personal mails ,

try to talk alot about what you feel it reliefs you , and with time you will feel that you are coping , i didn't reach that goal yet but i'm on my way ,,

i wish you the best :winks:

:bighug1: and we are all here for each other

CONS
19-04-08, 18:56
I know you say it will be okay and all. And I thank you for trying to help. But every one tells me all the time I will be okay but when A panic attack comes along, I just think I am gunna die.

Again Lewis EXACTLEY how i used to feel (i still have high anxiety and attacks now) but i read this print out that my probation officer found about panic dissorder and in it it repeats at least several times:

You Will Not Die From A Panic Attack

This ^ bought me comfort and even to this day when it happens i think im going to faint, have a stroke or a heart attack.

Sound familliar?

But then i go over that line in my head, my body still knocks me around like i have no control but i keep repeating the line anyway.

Keep your head up, relax and distract as much as possible.

When they come acknowledge them and tell yourself "yeah but im not going die".

Hope that helped a little,

Cons

nomorepanic
19-04-08, 19:18
Hi Lewis

A warm :welcome: aboard.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of support and advice.

You will meet some lovely people here.

Nibbles
19-04-08, 19:37
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

Lindalou64
21-04-08, 00:56
Hello Lewis And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well........linda

ajyana
21-04-08, 05:29
hey lewis :welcome: to the site.
im sure it will help you like it has for me:D

sincerely.
ajyana

Lilith1980
21-04-08, 07:43
Hi Lewis

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

ladygrom
21-04-08, 07:45
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_12_168.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_12_170.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) hi lewis welcome to nmp x

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7923)

trac67
22-04-08, 17:47
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
22-04-08, 19:35
Hi Lewis,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky