PDA

View Full Version : Panic whilst traveling

CPLewis
19-04-08, 18:54
A few days ago I was on a train back from essex to oxford. It takes about 3 hours with 3 changes. I know it is usless information but just so you understand better, I went to essex to see my ex because we are still really good friends. When coming home again she game with me on the the first train and the under ground, which is the part I was worried about most. And I was fine, a bit of a fast heart beat but coz she was there, I was okay I felt safe. She'd hug me every now and then to comfort me. That helped alot. But the last train, I was on my own, very cramped train as there was a delay. I felt terrible. Horrible. So I pushed my way through all the people and walked into the toilet, when in this toilet, I felt save and confortable. I don't understand, I am fine if some is with me that I know well, but if no one I know is around me, I feel more safe on my own.

Also, today I went to go on a bus, it stopped twice and I had to get off. Looks like I am a f**k up with buses too. How pathetic. What a waste of 4 pounds.

Sorry to moan, but god damn does that confuse me, please help

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

CONS
19-04-08, 19:10
You kick your own ass as much as i do,

understandable though, i cant do buses no more, i do taxi's. they say 1 in 10 people on a bus will have anxiety or a panic attack before they reach their destination. Not so bad when put into that context, but bad because its you right?

Not only did your ex make you feel safe you made her feel safe whilst on the train. Worked both ways, hugs are excellent though and certainly would of helped. Your understanding of whats happening, although bitter, is acute and you know your stuff. Most of us here are limited by limitations to a point but the only thing certain is change.

So make changes that suit you individually,

i mean i phone my mother (who i dont really get on with) or my gran whenever i have to leave the house to hear a voice for distraction. Im 29!! lol.

Trust me i know what your going through,

Cons

mizfiesta
20-04-08, 17:10
Hi CP, is it just recently you have been experiencing panic and anxiety? Don't beat yourself up too much about it. Probably like the rest of us your panic and/or agoraphobia will be 'picky' - you may be ok in certain circumstances and not ok in others. And if you're anything like me you'll have good days and not so good days. I also have a problem with travelling. If you look at some of my posts you will get a feel of how my panic operates. I feel as if I've repeated my story about a million times by now ha. Best advice would be to just take each day as it comes and be kind to yourself. Sounds daft, but be your own best friend and accept yourself for how you are. And if your feeling really crappy come on here and get it off your chest. Keep your chin up mate. :yesyes:

Eva May
21-04-08, 10:11
Hey CP.I can't do public transport full stop. I take my car everywhere and that's not many places! I have to be in control of how and when I get somewhere. I need to be on my own when I'm feelng anxious too, I don't know why that is but well done for getting there at all. :yesyes: