PDA

View Full Version : Kinda pleased with myself

Tracy68
29-03-05, 12:06
Hi
Hope you all had a great Easter.
Just came on to waffle a bit really lol. As some of you know i went to see John at the weekend and what a fantastic time i had. Hadn't seen him for 5 weeks and because he had the car we went out and about. Sunday drove up to lake windermere and walked the dog...it was lovely. I seemed to forget all my troubles.
Then i had to deal with this morning [Sigh...]. Had to come home which i didn't want to coz i'm not seeing John again for another month but i had to drive the car back nearly 300 miles and by myself. Started to really panic and could feel myself getting stressed and all the symptoms came back and at one point thought i can't do this. So John went to work and i sat in the car and talked to myself, tried to calm down by breathing deeply. Well it worked coz i'm now sat at home :D. Was a bit shaky to start with and being on the motorway freaked me out (but i haven't driven a car for four years). About an hour into the journey i relaxed and sang to the radio most the way back lol (good job nobody could hear).
Oh well thats about it really. Not a real success story as such but i was so pleased with myself that i done it i guess if i told you, some people out there might realise that things can be done that we didn't think we could do.
Ok waffled enough.
Take care
Tracy
xx

rachel25
29-03-05, 12:58
well done tracy, you should be really proud of yourself!!! It is not waffling- hearing your success is brilliant and shows us all what we can do- wish i could drive on the motorway!!!!!!

Rach xx

lisarose
29-03-05, 13:24
Hi Tracy,

glad you had such a nice Easter. Well done for controlling the panics. You have prooved that you can do it no matter how scared you first were you overcame it in the end. Good for you!!!
Take care
Love Lisaxxx

sal
29-03-05, 14:08
Hi Tracy

Pleased you had a great weekend. Well however hard it was for you you drove home and you were bound to be anxious after not having a car for so long, a lot of people would have struggled with that, so you want to be really pleased with yourself. It wasnt just a quick trip to the shops you drove 300 miles which is really great.

Just think of the benefits now that you have the car.

Well done and you want to be really proud of yourself.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
29-03-05, 14:35
Tracy

Wow well done!! That was a long drive to do after so long with no driving.

The singing does help doesn't it - I do that too.

Glad you had a lovely weekend with John and thanks for sharing that with us.

You did brilliantly - no stopping you now eh?

Nicola

seh1980
29-03-05, 14:56
[Wow!] Tracy!! Well done!! :D

maxine
29-03-05, 15:17
Brilliant news Tracy , well done you.:D:D:D

Maxine

carlin
29-03-05, 15:33
Hi there,
You say 'not a real success story' and I say I think it a massive success story, well done and so glad you had a lovely week-end take care xxx

FAN
29-03-05, 19:57
you did great........:D

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

Meg
29-03-05, 22:53
Great progress and a great success too .

Don't unestimate how well you're doing !!

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
30-03-05, 05:57
Well done Tracy. Definitely a success. Don't underestimate the progress you're making. You're doing well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

linjane
30-03-05, 08:36
Hi Tracy,
BIG WELL DONE TO YOU! I'm so glad you enjoyed the weekend and with how quick the time goes, the next month will have passed and you'll be seeing him again.

Take care, speak to you soon,
Love, Linda.xxx

Tracy68
30-03-05, 14:19
Hi all
Thanks for the replies it has really boosted me :D.
You know i just can't believe the difference having a car makes. I feel like i got some independance back now and don't have to keep relying on public transport or keep bugging mates to give me a lift anywhere.
Definately not restricted anymore......hell i even drove to Tesco to get some shopping just because i could lol (spent a fortune tho [Oops!])
Thanks
Tracy
xx

Laurie28
30-03-05, 14:24
Tracey,

That is excellent!!

I don't know if I could manage all that - the singing does help !!!

Really well done

Lucky