PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - afraid this will make me more anxious

notright
19-04-08, 22:23
Hi, I have just joined. I have had anxiety attacks about my health for about 2-3 years now. It all started or got worse while pregnant with my 3rd child and I had continual stress and family problems during this time. I was told last year that I probably had post natal depression but it was not picked up on. I have a fantastic husband and wonderful children and a wonderful life and don't want for anything yet I have an absolute fear I am going to die. A friend told me about 7 years ago that she had MS and what her symptoms where. I am now convinced I have all the symptoms. I have pins and needles in my hands, chest pains occasionally, foggy head. I desperately try to justify these symptoms. I used to be a typist and had RSI which could explain the pins and needles, suffer from sinus problems etc. Even though I rationalise these symptoms and have a couple of days of not thinking about it, I can make up and it simply consumes me with fear. I have talked to my husband about it and he talks me through it. I have been to the doctor and she said I don't have any symptoms consistent with MS. It is making me irritable, unhappy and I just feel I am wasting my life away worrying about this. :weep:

cattttt
20-04-08, 05:48
Welcome, everyone here knows how you feel, so you are not alone. There are no easy answers, but talking to fellow sufferers really helps. I am in NZ too, so I will send you a personal message, maybe we can chat.

Pickle
20-04-08, 10:27
Hi Notright, a warm :welcome: to NMP.

I agree with Cattttt, there are no easy answers, but you have come to the right place to get help and advice. We have all suffered similar problems to you but by talking thro our fears, they start to dim.

Have a read of the links on the left, they are full of great information,

Take care

x

CONS
20-04-08, 10:39
Excellent husband and an excellent life is what i picked up on most,

You are projecting some symptoms onto yourself by knowing "too much" which is totally normal. Pregnancy is stressfull enough both for men and women. Rationalise yes, but understand that what you are feeling is normal. Once the GP/doc has done a few tests and put you in the all clear, feel comforted by this.

There will always be bad days, anxiety and panic mostly carry the worry of going to die/faint or even stroke. Very common on here to see people feeling that way. Read other peoples posts and you will see just how similar we all are.

Cons