PDA

View Full Version : back, side and front pains :(

xxxdaisyxxx
20-04-08, 10:18
Hi,

Im a 21 year old girl. I recently had to go for a liver function test and it came back with high enymes. Anyway, I had to go for 7 different tests following that for all different kids of things. Whilst I was waiting for the results, I developed an awful case of anxiety. I convinced myself i had all kinds of liver diseases and then, after googling them (the WOSRT thing i could have done!) i started to get a pain right where my liver was. Then...after obsessing about that, the pain spread to my side and my upper back, all on the right side (perhaps because thats where i know my liver is).

Anyway, after not eating, feeling sick, hardly sleeping, and pretty much convinced i was going to die, I got the results back and theyre all fine.

I also spoke to my doctor about my pains and she gave me a physical examination and said its probably just trapped wind from stressing or something.

Anyway, its been 3 weeks now and my pains arent going away. The more i think about them the worse they get. They are still on my right side (in between my shoulder blades and into my sholder, a pain in my right side and in my ribs, and an ache down my right arm). I find myself waking up in the night to see if theyre there and then panicing in the night, causing me to go the toilet, etc. I also have lots of wind. My worrying is also giving me a tight chest.

Are these the symptoms of something terrible like cancer or just anxiety. Please help me because Im so frightened. Ive always been healthy, am 21, and dont smoke. Im also feeling isolated because ive started university in a different country to where my family live. My mum thinks i just have anxiety and perhaps irritable bowel syndrome because she suffers from both.

Any advice would be appreciated, I feel very alone and cant stop worrying.

CONS
20-04-08, 11:06
Shoulders and arm aches are due to tension from being anxious, i have had this on and off for the last week.

The worst thing you could of done?, i agree to an extent but thats what the net is here for in principle, to find answers to questions when the GP is closed and you dont want call the emergency doctor.

IBS is VERY coomon when moving away from home as the body reacts to all new changes both positive and negative. Excited nervousness i call it, this will subside as you settle in more.

Take comfort that the results came back positive, also know many many case studies show that even the slightest change in our daily/weekly pattern can trouble the nervous system. Wind trapped can cause bad pains also which im sure your aware of.

Eat small meals frequently instead of larger meals if possible.

Maybe a little excercise also if possible or if not distract yourself by listening to music or watching comedies like i do. Passes time and days away and gives a sense of "normality".

All the best,

Cons

xxxdaisyxxx
22-04-08, 08:27
Thanks x