PDA

View Full Version : :: Constant Blurred Vision ::

CONS
20-04-08, 12:05
It's not funny no more, everyday my eyes are blurred like i just woke up. We recently had a new PC and when it booted up and i saw the screen i imediately changed the resolution and brightness as i knew within 40 mins of staring at that i would be in trouble. Talking ridiculously low resolution and brightness.

I usually wake each morning between 9am-10:30am and the blurred vision is there. My last eye test came up fine which was last year (although i keep getting reminders for another one through the post) which surprised me as im partially colour blind. Mostly i jump on the PC and at times ive tried waiting 2 hours before starting but the same thing happens. Constantly blurred vision.

From the old semi-circular PC screens i never had this, but these new LCD seem to take a toll on me within 2 hours and can even spark off anxiety which i have to tell my msn friends "im about to have a moment". I do not sit too close to the screen either.

Anyone else constantly blurry?

Anything else it could be?

I try break it up on the pc from game to this forum to watching movies, i even lie down to watch an older video upstairs everyday to get rest from it.

Frustrates me,

Well all of my symptoms frustrate me.

Any advice welcomed.

Ty in advance,

Cons

Jaco45er
20-04-08, 12:14
Hi CONS chap.

Check your lights. The new style LCD monitors like to have plenty of light (in offices, they insist on Cat2 lighting to reduce eyestrain).

You are supposed to take an eye rest from a screen every few mins, look away and focus on a wall for a couple of seconds, and have a break every 45 mins.

I get it too if I am working on my laptop too long.

Jaco

scooby28
20-04-08, 18:59
My eyes lately are either being blurred, or generally just aching all day long. With me i think it could be different lights i'm under as i find in my kitchen it seems to get worse. I also had to really lighten my computer screen so i could go on it longer and i don't think i really get enough sleep as i'm always worrying about something. I'm also finding my eyes fairly sensitive to day light as well.

CliveL
20-04-08, 19:05
I had this problem then found out I was diabetic, since contrlling my diet it has cleared up

scooby28
20-04-08, 19:33
I know i'm not diabetic but i have low b12 which i think can cause vision problems too.

P!nk!sh
20-04-08, 20:37
try washing your face once you finished using computers

i feel good after i do it , i mean my eyes relaxes

P!nk!sh
21-04-08, 20:25
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28115&highlight=blurry+vision