PDA

View Full Version : ponstan and diazepam

henri
29-03-05, 15:36
hi everyone,
got a question, don't know if any of you know the answerÉ
i always get panicky when it's that time of the month (too much information, i know, sorry!) because i'm always in so much pain and my doctor prescribed me some ponstan (really hardcore painkillers). anyway, i was on diazepam for a while but stopped taking it - i still have loads left and my GP told me that if i feel really really panicky or anxious then i should just take some - i take it in quarts (a whole tablet contains 5mg).it's not that much but it helps.
so, my question is, can i take both ponstan and diazepam at the same time? i've taken the ponstan and it's sort of killed the pain but i can feel the panic rising (doesn't help that i'm at work) and i don't know what to do.
i've been trying to get hold of my gp to ask, but no luckÉ
take care,
henri x

nomorepanic
29-03-05, 18:05
Henri

Sorry I have never heard of it but I am sure Meg will be able to answer this when she sees it.

Nicola

seh1980
29-03-05, 20:01
hi henri,

I don't think you should take them at the same time. If I'm right (and I think I am lol) there should be a gap of 4 hours between the time you take them..

Sarah :D

henri
29-03-05, 20:42
lol sarah!
thanks you two - i know you are both probably right. i was just really panicking when i wrote that post.
take care,
henri x

Meg
29-03-05, 22:38
Hi Henri,

They are different families and there are no major interactions cited - you may need less diazepam than previously - but as Sarah says - try to keep the taking times as far apart as possible.

Have you tried rescue remedy early on in panic rising or abdominal breathing first.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance