PDA

View Full Version : Brothers Wedding

Sarah32
20-04-08, 18:29
Hi everyone,

I have suffered on and off from panic attacks over the last 20 years. I have managed to cope quite well during my adulthood, due to the fact that I just avoid situations where I'm going to get one - cinemas, tube trains, lifts and aeroplanes. I basically don't like sitting anywhere with people behind me or looking at me. If I go to the cinema (very rarely) I always make sure I get there early so that I can sit at the back and if I can't I have to come home.

Throughout the 20 years I have had them I have never sought any help and like I said in my introduction thread, I didn't even realise there was this much support out there. :doh:

But now the time has finally come where I can't avoid it. My brother is getting married out in Greece and obviously wants me there. My first reaction was there is no way I can get on a plane and go out there, but after two weeks of thinking really hard about it I've finally decided to seek some help, as I really want to be there. To add to my worries my husband won't be able to travel with me, I will be travelling with my mum, who is not in the best of health herself.

I have read lots of information on here and found it all very helpful, so I'm just looking for some advice and support really. Do you think if I asked the airline, they would let me sit at the back of the plane?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sarah

Angel64
20-04-08, 18:45
Hi Sarah I can't offer advice really, I would just like to welcome you to the site and congratulate you on making the decision. That is a massive step and an inspiration to me that others are going that extra mile (as to say) to overcome this.

A couple of years ago I managed to drive the 12 miles to my brothers wedding, arrived late, in tears, and half way through the service but then relaxed and drove to a beautiful park for the photos had a 'posh' sit down meal and even managed a few hours at the evening reception then drove the 12 miles home, well think I floated I was so happy !!

I made the trip again last year for his daughters first birthday party !!

Usually 5 miles is about the maximum I will go.

Good luck and I know you will make it, this site is great I have been her since December.

Christine xx :flowers:

nycworrier
20-04-08, 20:11
Hiya hun,first of all well done for deciding to go!

Whoever you book your holiday with,see if they let you select your seats..(alot of them do)...and you can choose where you sit.

If that fails talk to the airline directly and explain the situation you might be surprised to find that they may actually be helpful!

Good luck...and again well done!

Vicky