PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/panics

dawley
29-03-05, 17:03
i have just come across your site, and suffer from anxiety and some panic attacks. I had this around 6 yrs ago, of which i got over with counselling, but have this last year suffered from it again. At its worst i wake up feeling shaky, go dizzy, tight chest etc for what feels like no reason, but at its best i just have a few moments during the day when i feel this way. SOmetimes i have great days when i can get in the car and enter a shop for example feeling okay and that is good, then the next day i am panicky driving and get lightheaded as soon as i enter a shop or meet people. Its the tight chest I hate most as i feel i cant breathe properly and will pass out. i do feel that i can get better when i have the good days any advise anyone

+

nomorepanic
29-03-05, 17:47
Hiya Dawley and welcome aboard the forum.

Take a look at the First Steps post on here or on the website at www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm as there may be something in there that will help you.

You will get loads of support on here so stick around and we will answer any queries that you have.

Nicola

Tracy68
29-03-05, 17:48
Hi Dawley
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that things haven't been so great lately, but i'm sure you will find plenty of help and support on here from everyone as at some stage or another we've gone through what you are experiencing now.
Take care
Tracy
x

kairen
29-03-05, 17:55
hi dawley,

i had quite a few years without PA,s then started haveing them again not as bad cos i keep telling myself i got through this once i can do it again. It is awul when you feel that panic rrising and your chest tightning, you've just got to try and take your mind off it any way you can who cares if your in a shop singing "she'll be coming around the mountian when she comes" if it works LOL.

Try not to think too much about why your ok one day and not the next you'll prob, never know that i dont after 20 years HA HA..

focus on the good days you know you can do it you've got through it before good luck take care xx

kairen x

Karen
29-03-05, 18:57
Hi Dawley

Welcome to the site. You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
29-03-05, 19:48
hi welcome to the forum im sure we can help you get through this

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
29-03-05, 20:03
Hello and welcome to the site!! :D

Meg
29-03-05, 20:39
Dawley,

It might be worth you learning relaxation breathing techniques as you can then calm yourself with these techniques which will help stop your chest tightening in the first place and you'll feel more in control of your breathing.

Yoga and Tai'chi classes are a good place to start.

Review your lifestyle and see whether sugar, caffiene, sleep, lack of exercise etc are involved at all.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

henri
29-03-05, 20:46
hi dawley,
i think lots of people here will identify with how you are feeling. i carry bachs rescue remedy in my bag and use it when i start feeling panicky in a shop or whatever. i've also learned abdominal breathing techniques - they're really good, because you learn how to breath through your stomach - even if your chest feels tight you can tell yourself that it doesn't matter because you are using your stomach to breathe instead.
anyway, hope you are feeling a bit better,
henri x

della
29-03-05, 21:26
hi dawley

If iam right you said that you have had panic/anxiety attacks before...it may be a good idea to sit down and jot down some of the coping stategies that you used previously....I know that if you just take the time to put some of these mechanisms into place you will be able to make great progress...you have the map to find your way through these anxiety/panic attacks and if you use it you will recover.

take care

della[:O]

sal
29-03-05, 21:27
Hi Dawley

Welcome to the site and i hope you find it helps you lots. It is hard when good days are taken over by bad days, but remember the good days and how even on the bad days you got there in the end.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
29-03-05, 22:49
Dawley,

Welcome to the site.
You'll get lots of support & advice here with people who understand how you feel. Hope it's helpful.
You know that you can & will get better, as you did before. Do you have any techniques or ways of coping from the previous counselling that might help now?

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.