PDA

View Full Version : Length to time before your meds 'really' started working!

popsy
20-04-08, 18:51
How long was it when you really felt your medication started working and helped to 'really' control your anxiety?

andrewc
20-04-08, 19:30
Hi Popsie

I took Citalopram for 2 weeks before it kicked in but it was 6 weeks when I felt the full benefit and it totally controlled my anxiety.

I hope thats helpful

regards

Andy

bluebell68
20-04-08, 22:59
Hi Popsy.... i agree with Andy totally...2 weeks to start working and im 4 weeks in now and have gained some control over anxiety.... but roll on week 6, cos that sounds like where i want to be :yesyes:
Rach

popsy
21-04-08, 14:36
The reason i asked is Ive been upped to 40mg of Seroxat 6weeks ago and although i have had a few good days i dont think its really working for me as well as it should, esp considering the dose im on, am i being impatient? Its just the bad days still out weigh the good and the bad days are horrendous!:weep: xxx

andrewc
22-04-08, 15:56
Hi popsy

Hang in there and give yourself space and time. Unfortunately there is downs as well as ups in the initial stages of these medications. I know its not easy to do but have patience.

Best regards

Andy

popsy
22-04-08, 16:37
Thanks Andy, i know you are right i am being impatient (my husband always says i am about everything!!!LOL), its good to hear though that ups and downs with medication happen to others it makes me have more faith that maybe i'll get their too, i keep thinking that everyone else starts on the tablets and within 6 weeks are back to their old selves again and i get paranoid that obviously im going to be one of those poor unfortunate people who the tablets dont work for and i'll be like this forever...... you can see how i wind myself up :wacko: !!! Cheers matie, for your post it helps alot xxxx :hugs: :bighug1: