PDA

View Full Version : I did it! It's over!

kellyisrad
20-04-08, 21:06
Hello everyone I just wanted to say that after 6 months of struggle I have finally conquered this!

I had to take 4 months off work, off university it drove me and my boyfriend to split up but through all of this I found out who I was and learnt how to control this illness that was disabling my life.

My boyfriend found it too hard to look after me through this and it made me resent him as I felt that he wasn't trying to understand. We are good friends now and we are better off this way.

I'm now back to work and university when I thought I would never be able to, I thought that my bed would be the permanent place for the rest of my life but it can be done! You can win over it, it's your body after all, you are in control!

Thank you to all the support I got off this website and to everyone who was there for me when I was at my lowest.

I did this all without medication, without the doctors recomended help, I just took some time out to look after myself, to relax and focus on the one person who means the most in my life, me, for once.

I still feel 'wobbly' every now and again but I just step back, look at what is bothering me in my life, sort it out and remind myself that I have gotten over it and don't need to give in.

I just want everyone on here to know that it will get better, it will be okay and don't worry!

If anyone wants to talk to me, for help or a friendly chat add me to msn or send me an email - idiot_punk_guitarist@hotmail.com

Lots of love, kisses and wishes to everyone who is feeling how I was.

Kelly
x

julieb
20-04-08, 21:31
congratulations kelly, youre so brave. were you suffering from agoraphobia at all i'd be interested in exactly what you dod to get better?

ju

Pauluk
20-04-08, 22:01
Well done Kelly:yesyes: .

I was wondering about that to Julieb. If you conquered agoraphobia would love to pick youre brains:).

mysweetshadow
21-04-08, 10:08
Hi Kelly Well Done:yesyes:
I gotta know your secret though, I have been an agoraphobic for 3 years now and im still not getting anywhere.:doh:

tcfn

SANDYJANE
21-04-08, 11:59
hi Kelly, well done girl, so happy for you...

my sweetshadow. im like you and not getting anywhere..

love sandyjanexxx

belle
21-04-08, 13:34
WELL DONE!

What exactly got you better???
I've been agoraphobic for nearly TEN years and i am still no where near getting out of the house :(

x

Liverbird67
21-04-08, 14:16
well done Kelly, so pleased for you sweetheart, just take care now, keep yourself well, remember you are no 1, don't let yourself get run down etc.
so happy for you.
you are a star.

Love

Debbie

PS what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Lilith1980
21-04-08, 14:41
Hey Kelly

Well done honey, you sound like you are getting things back on track! :D

Jo xxxxx

domino
21-04-08, 16:02
Well done kelly, now tell us how you did it. :yesyes: