PDA

View Full Version : At work - panic

mandie
21-04-08, 09:29
Hi

I in work and im panicking

I had a big attack at work bout 5 weeks ago. I took a week off and went back.

My anxiety over the weekend has been terrible.

I got up today and wasnt to bad. I was in work for 5 mins and iv started to get jelly legs, nervous, heart racing, hot and spaced out.

Im trying to control it but i cant :weep:

Iv gone upstairs into a room to work by myself, i cant bear being downstairs in front of others.

Im crying now, iv had enough of this anxiety, when is it going to end

love mandie x

Jaco45er
21-04-08, 09:47
Hi Mandie

Try and focus on one part of your job at a time, and try and accept that you are having a bad anxiety time, and it will run it's course so try not to add to it.

I know it's a horrible feeling my friend (I am having the same problem at the moment) but I always managed to finally accept those horrible feelings as anxiety, and when I did, they started to subside.

Just keep yourself tucked out the way of others for now, but when you do feel a little better, put a brave face on and try not to avoid others for too long.

Best of luck, and just remember, I am feeling exactly the same, so you are not alone.

Here is to a bit of relief for us both today, ladies 1st of course :)

Take care

Jaco

P.S. o and try and sip plenty of water, I read somewhere that it flushes the anxiety causing chemicals through the body. And remember, it's just a few body chemicals that's making you feel like this, nothing more sinister than that

smudgie
21-04-08, 09:56
Aww mandie
Im so sorry your in this situation it must be alwful for you stuck at work.

Take some deep breathes , breath from your stomach and try to do it slowly. keep on until you feel some benefit. feel your feet on the ground and ground yourself, remember its a feeling and it wont hurt you. think about where you are do you feel safe, nothing is going to hurt you.

Im sorry my mail probably isnt helping you, someone else will mail you with better help.
Im here for you and sending you a:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and some :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Smudgie

mandie
21-04-08, 10:26
Thank you both so much for your replies

It means so much when people reply back with kind words.

I feel slightly better now im upstairs on my own.

I will try the water thing, thanks for that tip

love mandie x

smudgie
24-04-08, 10:33
Mandie

How are you doing?
Been thinking about you.

take care of you
Smudgie:hugs:

mandie
24-04-08, 10:40
Hi Ness

Thanks for thinking of me.

I went to the doctor monday and asked if i could reduce my meds cause i thought they were making me worse.

He agreed and i am starting to feel better. Im sure the meds couldnt make me feel better in couple of days but im not complaining!

I still feeling bit spaced out but at least work is better now (touch wood)

Hope u are ok to

love mandie x