PDA

View Full Version : cutting down again

lesleyB
21-04-08, 10:08
My doc has cut my dose again from 100 mgs to 50 mgs in one go I am weak and didn't argue with him, but I have a pill cutter and am taking 75mgs, hope he doesn't realise I am having frequent repeat prescritions. Was ok but feeling a bit down this morning doesn't help that one of my ginuea pigs has just died in my arms. Tring to keep positive taking dogs out for hour and half walks an doing work as I go back to work next monday, but I am just soooooo tired. I do get a good nights sleep thank god, but I am behind with stuff for work and am now realy stressed, feel like I could sleep for a week!!!
Filpin doctors:doh:
Lesleyb

joy
28-04-08, 16:46
Hiya Sorry I've been away so didnt pick your post up.

Firstly I still think your doc is wrong reducing it and secondly he is expecting you do do it too fast.

Sorry about your G. pig, I love them!

If you cant talk face to face to your doc what about writing to him telling him how you feel and what you are doing, failing that another GP in the practice maybe??

Hope the doggies are Ok

Love Joy

lesleyB
30-04-08, 09:52
Hi Joy, How are you? Can't say I feel great at the moment bit down. Dogs are fine, they are growing so fast and are really beautifull.I am leaving work in July and moving to west sussex some lovelly walks there. I am leaving work because of too much stress, but am now thinking am I giving in too easily, oh well who knows.
Are you still on Sertraline or have you given up?
Love
Lesley

tafflass
09-07-08, 13:36
hi lesleyb
so sorry bout yr g-pig, its awful when pets die people who dont have them dont realy get it i dont fink.
if you feel you still need your meds you need to make this clear to your doctor asap.

and leaving your job. are you sure about this???
i know that you can make some rash decissions when coming down of meds, please make sure you are thinking strait before you do.

ive just finished on sert and i have been a monster lol soz darl but its true.
ive had no sleep been so short with kids and hubby even me m8ts, i cried all day yesterday, couldnt sleep lastnight.
its been awfull.

i was suppost to see my councillor yesterday but i just couldnt find the energy to even get dressed.
talk to your doc darl dont be like i have been. im just praying im over the worst of it now fingers crossed.

if you do deside to carry on coming down do it as slow as poss. everyone is different with medication. even on bad sad days always remember you are NOT ALONE come on hear and have a rant or what ever ok chick? good luck and will be thinking of you xtafflassx:hugs:

lesleyB
11-07-08, 09:42
Hi Tafflass ,thank you for your reply. I am going back on 100mgs now as I seem ok on that, also leaving work today . I think it was the right desicion as I just can't cope with the pressure, I can allways do private work if I need to so all is not lost.
Thanks again:hugs:
Lesleyb