PDA

View Full Version : Hi - new member

emm1397
21-04-08, 10:53
Hi
I have just joined recently after being given the details of no panic by a firend.

I have been off work since Jan with stress and depression although i think it was mostly stress. I went on Citalopram for 2 days and had 2 horrendous panic attacks, 1 drivig and one in the street and wierd thoughts when i was in bed - like the wind would come in and get me but my kitten would save me if he was lying on me. So the Dr put me onto fluroxitine(?) instead and it seemed ok.

Back at work now and have done 2 weeks half days and now doing a full day and then a half day to try and get back, but driving is really hard and i feeli like i will have another attack in the car - although speaking on the phone or sucking a sweet seems to distract me enough to get where i'm going.

The rest of the time i get waves of panic, rush rush rush, like there isnt enough time in the day to do everything and if i dont the world will end - even though the sensible part of my head knows it wont!

Feel sort of hungry sick sometimes, heart racing, cant breathe etc.

I get too emotional about other people and their problems it makes me feel sick, even reading the forum is hard! Have to learn to fix myself before trying to 'fix' the world. Feels like i am going mad but again sensible part of my head knows 'm not.

I used to work for mind as a project manager so i should know all this but it doesnt seem to help.

The only thing that does help is walking and walking and walking - dog has very short legs now!!!

Cant do anything at work today as i feel totally shattered....
Am impatient and want this to hurry up and go!!!!!

marie1974
21-04-08, 10:56
hi and welcome, you will find loads of help and support on here and also make friends. what you have is such a common problem and everyone on here will be able to offer you lots of advice. my advice is to keep busy and exercise this helps me i walk loads every day, lost a stone and got rid of most of my anxiety. i still have my off days but nothing like it was b4 xxx

kellie
21-04-08, 10:58
hiya emm :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of supprt/advice and make some great friends along the way. well done on returning to work and still driving your car. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all about things and also have a giggle.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

smudgie
21-04-08, 10:58
hi

Im so glad your friend pointed you in the right direction.

:welcome: to the forum, you will be well supported here and its a wealth of information.
You will discover very quickly we all suffer this terrible infliction on us but we are here for each other.

Take care of you
Smudgie

Lindalou64
21-04-08, 11:35
Hello Emm And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well.......linda

CONS
21-04-08, 12:54
Hi emm and welcome,

All our stories and situations are very similar here,

Enjoy you stay,

Cons

Lilith1980
21-04-08, 14:32
Hi Emm

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

SANDYJANE
21-04-08, 14:37
hi and big warm welcome.

love sandyjanexxx

nomorepanic
21-04-08, 19:27
Hi Emm

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of advice on how to cope etc.

chalky
21-04-08, 19:56
Hi Emm,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

thevoicewithinme
22-04-08, 09:49
Hello Emm and welcome to NMP,

You will find lots of useful advice on here and meet people who truly understand what you are going through.

Kaz

trac67
22-04-08, 17:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:25
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: