PDA

View Full Version : Back to work ...

maz67
21-04-08, 11:29
Hi all,

I am back to work part time tomorrow morning after 5 months since having a brain tumour removed back in Feb.

I feel so much better since finding this site a few weeks ago after suffering panic attacks for the first time since coming out of hospital.

They came out of the blue but i now seem to have them under control thanks to all you wonderful people on here.

My workplace have been brilliant paying me all the way through and they are still going to pay me full pay for only 12 hours a week !!! Which is reassuring when you have a mortgage etc .....

Thanks again for your advice and i will continue to come on here for reassurance.

Mandy xxxxx:bighug1:

PUGLETMUM
21-04-08, 11:37
:hugs: so glad to hear you are recovering well and are going back to work and that you found help from nmp:yesyes: take care, emma:flowers:

maz67
21-04-08, 11:45
:yesyes: Thanks Emma all the symptoms i was getting was matched by the ones listed on here, which really put my mind at ease and eased the panic.

Still get a little episode but do the breathing and distract myself and seems to work.

Because i have to take anti epileptic drugs for so long after the surgery i was worried a panic attack might bring another seizure on which is how they found the tumour in the first place, never had one before !!

Should be ok now hopefully, check up in May with consultant to check no re growth.

Thanks again

Mandy xx:bighug1:

PUGLETMUM
21-04-08, 18:00
:yesyes: hey mandy, what you have been through would be really really hard for anyone to deal with - weve all got our limits havent we?:wacko: i can totally understand that you would be frightened to have another seizure, my husband has night ones and ive seen him afew times when he was off his meds and it is a nasty experience for the sufferer - but i dont think a panic could trigger one? what does your consultant say? also does your consultant know whether you would have another siezure now just because youve had one/them before? i could see that you would think one meant you had another tumour. this must have been a really awful and stressful time for you? i wish you well in the future, dont let panic become apart of your life:winks: take care, emma:hugs:

Lilith1980
21-04-08, 18:52
Hi Mandy,

Hope you enjoy your first day back at work hun, they sound like a really nice understanding company :)

Jo xxxxx

Pickle
21-04-08, 18:59
Hi Mandy, well done on getting back to work. Take it easy and enjoy it (well, as much as someone can enjoy work, but you know what I mean lol)

Take care

x

smudgie
21-04-08, 19:03
Hi mandy

Im so glad you have made a full recovery. You must of gone to hell and back with worry and stress, no wander you are suffering with anxiety and panic. Im sure once things settle down I hope your panic will reduce with time.

good luck with going back to work, your work place sound very supportive and caring.

take care and keep in contact with us.
love smudgie

maz67
23-04-08, 17:37
:yesyes: Thank you all for your kind words, hopefully Emma, as the seizure was caused because it was pressing on the brain as it was so big ( size of a small orange )i have been told that i shouldn't get another by my doctor, but it is always in the back of my mind. The anti fit drugs are used for so long after having surgery on the brain as a precaution.

This frightens me more than the tumour !! Sounds daft i know.

But now the tumour has gone hopefully all will be well.

Thanks again to this site my worries seem to be disappearing.

Mandy xxxx:)

Pickle
23-04-08, 20:30
Hi Mandy :)

Just popped in to see how your return to work has been going. Hopefully you have settled in and are gradually 'working' your way back into it.

Take care and keep us updated

:hugs:

maz67
23-04-08, 20:52
Hi Pickle

Work went really well, lots of hugs from my friends.

I was surprised how well i got into it again, it was if i had never been away lol!!

In again tomorrow 9-1 and again saturday.

Will keep you posted.

Mandy xx:yesyes:

Pickle
23-04-08, 21:29
Well done Mandy :yesyes:

I don't know about you but work is my 'norm' eveything seems ok there so I am always glad to be back after a break.

Well done in overcoming your illness and getting back to work

x

maz67
24-04-08, 08:35
Hi Pickle,

I agree with you, when i'm at work my mind is always occupied so have no time to think !!

Which is great.

Just off now for my second stint of the week !!

See you all later.

Mandy xxx:yahoo:

Panic1971
24-04-08, 08:37
Have a good day Mandy.:hugs:

maz67
24-04-08, 17:08
Thanks Ann

All went well again, day of rest tomorrow !!!

Shopping sounds good !!!

Mandy x:yahoo:

maz67
27-05-08, 17:37
:yahoo: Just an up date on being back at work.

I am gradually increasing my hours and have been back to my neurologist who seems pleased with everything.

Just had a course of antibiotics as i had a cyst come up on the scarring but that has gone now.

So altogether feeling good.

Thanks for your kind words.

Mandy xx:yesyes:

PUGLETMUM
28-05-08, 11:55
:yesyes: glad to hear things are good with you now, take care and all the best for the future:yesyes:

mandie
28-05-08, 12:16
Hi Mandy

Glad to hear everything going well for u

love mandie x