PDA

View Full Version : Oh how I hate Lexapro

Doug10562
21-04-08, 17:35
No sure anyone has had the same side effects, but I'v noticed my heart rate has slowed down a bit and also I've become very aware of my heart, I can hear it beating at night and know when I'm below my normal heart rate. Sometimes I feel like my heart is in my stomach when I take deep breaths at night.

It has started to freak me out to the point that I now check my pulse rate every 15 min and want off this drug ASAP. I think im done with medication
anything that effects your heart and brain is not worth the trouble :lac:

I've only been on this crap for about 4 weeks @ 10Mg per day...

I"m overweight and my heart show not be beat lower than 60BPM
On lexapro my heart rate has dipped below 55BPM *thats just not normal*

Anyway I just needed to vent because im Fed up with the cure and Id rather deal with the panic. I was put on this stuff for panic attacks related to the fear of having a heart attack and lexapro has only made me more nervious..

Doug

mtatum4496
23-04-08, 23:09
I did not have a good experience with Lexapro. While my latest doctor was running tests to find check for physical causes of my health woes, he gave me Lexapro to try, as I was going through a phase where I was experiencing crying fits that would last for over thirty minutes at a time. At first, there was not reaction to the drug, but one night shortly after beginning the drug, I retired for the night and within fifteen minutes was straight up in my bed, absolutely sure that if I went to sleep, I would die. My heart was beating and the dizziness was worse than any panic attack I had ever had. I tried to get out of bed but my legs were like water.

Somehow I made it through the night and called my pharmacist, who told me that I should cease taking Lexapro and speak to my physician the next business day (this event occured on a weekend). I remained shaky for a few days, but eventually began to rally.

Fortunately, it was at that point that my doctor identified my EBV and we continued with Xanax, which seems to cause me no side effects whatsoever. As the vitamin supplements my doctor advised me to take got into my system, the uncontrollable crying went away and was replaced by occasional and short periods of tears.

I know that Lexapro works for many people, but it was not right for me. I have since learned that anything that impacts my serotonin levels is not appropriate for my condition.