Anyone Know the proper regament to coming off Lexapro
My shrink is out of town for the next week and I want off this stuff ASAP
Any help would be wonderful

thanks
Douglas

Pickle
21-04-08, 19:07
Hi Douglas and :welcome: to NMP.

I haven't had any experience of Lexapro but coming off of any drug is best done under supervision. I can only suggest you wait this week out and see your Psychiatrist for his/her advice first.

If you really can't wait and feel the Lexapro is doing more harm than good, could you make an appointment to see your GP for his/her advice?

Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Doug10562
21-04-08, 19:15
Hi Douglas and :welcome: to NMP.

I haven't had any experience of Lexapro but coming off of any drug is best done under supervision. I can only suggest you wait this week out and see your Psychiatrist for his/her advice first.

If you really can't wait and feel the Lexapro is doing more harm than good, could you make an appointment to see your GP for his/her advice?

Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Hi Pickle

I got in touch with my shrinks back up Dr, Iv only been on Lexapro for 4 weeks so he said I could take half for one more day then stop.. I had already cut myself down from 10mg to 5mg so another day at 5mg and then stop is what they suggested..

Pickle
21-04-08, 19:17
Hi Douglas

Sorry, I didnt realise you had already spoken to the Doctor :blush: .

Good luck in coming off them and hopefully you will start to feel better soon :yesyes:

Dee01
19-05-08, 22:45
Hi Doug, Ive been on lexapro for the last 4 years and coming off it has to be done VERY slowly. You can't come off it in a week. Please don't do anything til you have a proper chat with your doc. The withdrawl is awful when you try to come off it too fast. Trust me, ive tried!!
I'm starting to come off it now, but doing it at a very slow rate. I was on 20mg for 2 1/2 years. 10mg for the last year and now im on 10mg/5mg every other day. My doc is happy for me to come down to 5mg in the next couple of months. Then i'll half that for another 6 months. I don't know of anyone who has come off lexapro, so im only judging on my experience and what ive read online!
Good luck and I hope you feel better!