PDA

View Full Version : How to cope with pain? Any ideas appreciated!

fairyloveheart
21-04-08, 18:13
:weep: Hi There

Having been through the docs and them not coming up with a diagnosis as to what is causing my pain, I have gone back to work but am finding it really hard to concentrate at work due to the continued pain and pressure I am having in my face (Forehead, behind my nose, mainly)

Sitting in a meeting today, I thought I may pass out, the pain got so bad.

I am at a loss of what to do. The docs won't refer me to any consultant as said the ct scan I had of my sinuses and brain was all clear so as far as they're concerned there isn't a problem.

This pain is taking over my life, I feel so down about it. It subsided a bit last week, but then has come back with a vengeance.

I started to take Goldenseal (herbal antibiotic) on Saturday, and Bromelain (anti inflammatory - supposedly good for sinus issues) but it is kind of hard to treat something when you don't know what it is...

I also tried Hopi ear candles, which are supposed to regulate the facial and sinus pressure, but they didn't do anything either.

I am making my poor hubbie's life a misery - he is fed up of me being so unhappy all the time, but I'm unhappy because of the pain. No painkillers dull it. It is there from when I wake up in the morning, to when I go to bed and sometimes the pain wakes me up from my sleep.

I don't want it to ruin my worklife - I have been off sick for weeks and I want to get back into it and not be off sick again.

Any ideas of things to try would be appreciated

Thanks

Frustrated FLH
xxx

Piglet
21-04-08, 18:28
Firstly I was wondering if you are managing to keep your jaw loose and dropped down just incase you are holding tension in that area (I do this terribly at times) because that won't be helping.

Then secondly I was thinking about a homeopathic remedy - I think it might be worth consulting a homeopath in your area though to get exactly the right remedy for you.

I've been taking arnica and hypericum in recent months to help with my tooth pain and been most pleased.

The dosage is a weird thing though and you don't really take them quite the same way as you do other tablets so it's worth reading up on it etc.

I do hope you can sort it cos it's not nice been in pain is it hun - it's so wearing.

Love Piglet :flowers:

fairyloveheart
22-04-08, 15:44
Sitting at work, finding it really hard not to scream, head and face hurts so much :( so fed up, just don't know what to do anymore

fairyloveheart
22-04-08, 18:18
PS Thanks for your post Piglet, I will look into this :)

WhatAboutBob
22-04-08, 19:13
hey

Piglet
22-04-08, 19:38
You're very welcome hun and I hope you can get some relief soon. :hugs:

Piglet :flowers: