PDA

View Full Version : Well, I made it!

fulltimesucks
21-04-08, 20:37
Ello, ello...

This is me:
-21, Male
-Have been taking (Gen) Alprazolam for 1.5years now, and am VERY addicted.
-Work 40hours a week (or try REALLY hard too)
-At work I get withdrawals/cravings for Alprazolam (ZANAX), which include BLURRED vision, sometimes to the point of insane anxiety.
-Last time I had a full blown panic attack was at a crowded hockey game, felt trapped... got dizzy, hot flashes, sweats, completely exhausted, and my heart was in my throat.. ended up waiting for the girlfriend in the car (I was surprised I made it out there ..)
-I feel overly anxious daily too, (checking my pulse, getting dizzy, one pupil going bigger then the other, blurred vision -mix of withdrawals and anxiety-)
- I am ASHAMED at what I put the people that I love through, and now I am feeling symptoms of depression .. lol .. so life is just dandy =D .. guess im preaching to the choir though :)
- My doctor tried switching me to Citalopram .. no luck (thats when I had my anxiety attack at the game (a couple weeks into that medication) .. it made me feel WIRED.
- And now I have a bottle of APO - PAROXETINE in front of me to try next .. (along with my alprazolam.. until 6 weeks into being on Parox .. then I will slowly reduce my alpraz intake.. 0.75mg 3 times a day)
-Its really hard to do this, dont know if I want to even try it ..might not be able to work .. might get fired.. then im screwed.

---- NO ONE EVER USE ALPRAZOLAM FOR MORE THEN 1MONTH!! IT IS THE WORST DRUG EVER! ---- I hate the dr who prescribed it ..

nomorepanic
21-04-08, 21:13
Hi Woody

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to se you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Have you not throught of trying something like CBT for help instead of medication?

fulltimesucks
21-04-08, 21:14
CBT?

P!nk!sh
21-04-08, 22:12
it's some kind of approach , used to cure panic and anxiety, you will find so many threads about it

just search for it

woody32
21-04-08, 22:31
Yes I have thought about CBT Nicola, im still waiting for an appointment with a psychologist but the nhs waiting lists are so long, not in the position to go private at the moment unfortunately.

Lindalou64
22-04-08, 02:37
Hello And Welcome .....i Wish Ya Well......linda

thevoicewithinme
22-04-08, 09:44
Hello and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice on here and people who truly understand the way you feel.

Kaz

trac67
22-04-08, 17:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
22-04-08, 19:11
Hi Woody,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
22-04-08, 19:39
hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you find lots of support/advice and very understanding ppl to talk to. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:28
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: