PDA

View Full Version : Major panics on cipralex

dizzyd
29-03-05, 21:49
Can anyone reassure me please..... started cipralex 9 days ago on 5mg. Upped to 10 mg (too soon I know) 7 days ago and had major panics, underlying anxiety and major wobbly legs/giddiness. Did have a good day last Saturday though and was really excited that meds were working - then its been downhill - with glimpses of feeling better. I was on cipramil 6 years ago for 18 months or so and then for 9 months 2 years ago. Doc suggested cipralex - finer tuned for panics apparently? Any way went back to Doc this pm and he said stick with cipralex for another week and I should feel better. Gave me 5mg diazepam for any major panics I may have over next week. Can anyone reassure me / advise / relate to this? Thanks.....Dawn x

sal
29-03-05, 21:53
Hi Dawn

It is quite common how you are feeling. I take cimpramil the older version of the tablets and the first few weeks were hell but i got there in the end. It usually takes over 2 weeks for you to feel the benefit or longer, so if they are going to work, give them a chance and perserve, wont be easy but in the long term you might reap a lot of benefits.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

dizzyd
29-03-05, 21:57
Thanks Sal for your quick reply...... This site is a real God send when you feel worried / anxious etc Dawn x

seh1980
29-03-05, 22:10
hi Dawn,

As I said in my PM, stick with them as it will be worth it in the end!!

Sarah :D

dizzyd
29-03-05, 22:17
Thanks Sarah - reassurance is priceless x

sal
29-03-05, 23:00
Hi hon

Go with it and see how you feel and if you gain the benefit that Sarah and i have, it will truly be worth it in the end. Whilst you are stuggling lean on us and we will help you through it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kairen
30-03-05, 11:29
hi dizzyd

I was on citrolapram, which i think is very similar, when i first started to take them i was like, that panic's where extremely bad at first i nearly stopped taking them because i thought they were making me worse, but they did work, so hang on in there,

good luck and take care xx

kairen x

tracyp584
30-03-05, 11:37
Hey Dizzyd,

I did take citalopram for 3 weeks, and found the side effects (panic, wobbly legs, sickness etc) were too much. After speaking to my doctor, he agreed they did not agree with me, and decided to change my meds.
I am now on mirtazapine, and so far after a week, no real side effects. So if after another couple of weeks you are still finding it hard to cope with side effects, don't worry about trying other meds, as all tablets work diff for diff people.

Hopefully talk in chat room again tonight!

tracy x x

cazziep
30-03-05, 12:44
Hi Dawn.

I'm also on cipramil, which is similar. I've been on it for 2 weeks now and I've got to say that (fingers crossed) I'm starting to feel better after experiencing horrible side effects (you can find the thread I posted about them on here)! Everyone here is so helpful and they really understand what you are going through!

Anyway, after taking cipramil, initially, I was having *major* panic attacks, agitation, insomnia, nausea and vomiting. I felt like I'd been plugged into an electric socket! I was told by my GP, and the lovely folk on here, to stick with it and I now feel so much better.

I'm only on 10mg and I'm going to the docs later to possibly increase it to the normal therapeutic dose of 20mg for cipramil. Can't say I'm looking forward to possibly more side effects, but I will try and ride them out!

Stick with it! I'm sure things will settle down. I know everyone is different, but they have for me. Good luck!

Love and hugs

Caz xx

dizzyd
02-04-05, 20:43
Had a wonderful 2 days this week - infact I was the best for a long time yesterday - Today - awful. Wobbly legs and dizzy again, 12 days on meds - is it normal to have great days and then a crash? I thought my meds had really kicked in. Insisted on going for a family walk tonight (to prove I could achieve something today) - did it - but came back wobbly. Anyone else relate to this rollercoaster when 2 weeks into meds?
Dawn x

Longie
02-04-05, 21:21
hi

i can really relate to what you are saying
when you have a good day you expect the next one to be the same or even better, as you have had another tablet.
just except however you feel as you add more pressure to yourself and this makes you tense which releases more adrenalin, which starts the cycle all over again

have you read dr claire weekes book essential help for nerves

i would not set youself any time limits a, as my gp said meds can take 3 mths to work

the chances are you had a good day because you were distracted and stopped your thought process thinking about yourself, and that came from you not the meds

hope that helps

love Jane

licquyd
19-03-08, 00:56
I'm on Cipralex right now 30 mg....i don't like it....I panic about an 1hr after I take it, i tired spliting the dose for the day, doesn't seem to help, i'm worst now for panic and anxiety then ever before.....Already been on Remeron...that made me worst too....Not sure what else to do...i have a doc appoinment in a week.....i'm chewing ativan, and drinking alcohol like crazy just to keep the panic at bay......i think i'm a lost cause.

Phill2
19-03-08, 01:02
I find Cipralex great but you do need the diazepam at the start.
I'm surprised your Dr didn't prescribe them both together.
Phill :shades:

willitstop
19-03-08, 08:52
Hi im on citalopram week 3 and have really good days then really bad days i think its normal to have good and bad days so stick with it.
heres hopeing they work for us both :)

loulabella
07-04-10, 15:57
I'm on Cipralex right now 30 mg....i don't like it....I panic about an 1hr after I take it, i tired spliting the dose for the day, doesn't seem to help, i'm worst now for panic and anxiety then ever before.....Already been on Remeron...that made me worst too....Not sure what else to do...i have a doc appoinment in a week.....i'm chewing ativan, and drinking alcohol like crazy just to keep the panic at bay......i think i'm a lost cause.

Hiya,

Did you start straight on 30mg? Thats a high dose for escitalopram. It's chemically about twice the potency of citalopram - so that would be like 60mg...

I went straight to 10 Cypralex - wobbled... so started again, 2.5mg for a week, now 5... 7.5 next, 10 after - till I find the dose which suits. Even being on 5 for 3 days has sent my anxiety sky high - thinking the meds wont work - bla bla - but I am praying they will. If your on 30 Cipralex - speak to doc, I think thats high x