PDA

View Full Version : hair loss??

ajyana
22-04-08, 06:38
ive been noticing my hair falling out on and off for the past 2 yrs.
my anxiety/panic attacks have came back recently and my hair is falling out again..anyone else have this problem?

xxx ajyana:bighug1:

Pink Panic
22-04-08, 09:38
Hi there,

I suffered hair loss last Summer. Every morning the pillow was covered with hair which was all the more noticable as we have cream coloured sheets. I started to get really worried and i would dread making the bed in the morning. I noticed that it wasn't so bad when i washed or brushed my hair it just seemed to be at it's worst when i was sleeping. Eventually i did pluck up the courage to go to the Doc who did various blood tests which all came back clear so the Doc put it down to stress!
I also told my hairdresser who stopped putting permanent colour on my hair and used a semi-permanent instead and he also checked all through my hair for thinning patches and resassured me that everything was fine.
It's all better now so it obviously was stress.
I'd advise you to tell you Doc who will be able to put your mind at rest. I know how worrying this is and i hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

Love
Pink
xxx

pooh
22-04-08, 09:57
hi! on average we lose about five hundred hairs a day naturally. So if like me, you hair is up in a ponytail for a couple of days and you've not brushed it, when you do it can look like a lot of hair is coming out.
I did when my marriage broke down due to the stress, end up with a few bald patches, these did grow back however in a short space of time.
Don't know what age you are...but women as they get older can also experience an natural thinning of the hair. All normal stuff.
Hope this helps a little to ease your mind

Lynne x

ajyana
22-04-08, 19:17
im 22 so i dont think it would be my age why my hair is falling out.
but when i wash it then comb it it falls out so much mind you it is very long usually thick but feels alot thinner these days.:unsure:

sincerely,
ajyana

scooby28
22-04-08, 19:28
Have you been washing you hair differently lately at all.
By this i mean have you always washed your hair everyday and suddenly now wash it every other day or a couple of times a week.
I think we lose the same amount of hair a day and when you brush it alot and wash it alot the hairs fall out in smaller amounts so washing it less could look like more hair is falling out when really it's the same but it's two or three days worth at once.

pigtailplaits
22-04-08, 21:21
Hello,
Im also in my early 20's and i just joined the site today. My hair has also been falling out for the last 9 weeks. Ive had lots of tests done by doctors recently including mri scan, x-ray, blood tests and ultrasound and everything has come back normal. I have been assured that i am suffering stress and anxiety but i didnt realise it could be so physical. My pillow too is covered in hairs in the morning and i can just touch my hair very gently at the ends and pull about ten hairs out. I have a whole host of other symptoms going on including vision problems, abdominal pain, hormonal problems but im having hypnotherapy at the moment to convince myself its only anxiety and nothing else. Hope you feel better soon

ajyana
23-04-08, 03:15
i usually wash my hair every 5 days its always been that same pattern..but i do change shampoos on the regular??
xxx
ajyana

scooby28
23-04-08, 19:40
Try the Philosophy conditioner called shear splendour my hair started thinning not that anyone would notice but i could feel i didn't have as much hair there i started using this and the thickness seemed to come back within weeks, it helps your scalp somehow.

maz67
24-04-08, 17:43
Hi

I have suffered with alopecia since the death of my nan 33 years ago and mine has never come back !!

My parents were told it was stress that caused it but in many other cases it returns.

I was the unlucky one !!

Try not to worry.

Mandy xx:flowers: