PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine and Insomnia

Cynical
22-04-08, 14:09
I've been taking fluoxetine for only about a week now and I can't seem to sleep all the way through the night.. I can sleep for about 4-5 hours at a time then I wake up and drift in and out of sleep for another few hours. Another real strange thing I noticed was my dreams were so vivid and strange.. Does anyone else get this? Is it normal?

Another question/concern I have is: It says for the first 3 days to take 1 tablet (10mg) then after 3 days start taking 2 at a time. I have only been taking 1 at a time. Do I really have to take 2?

jo61
22-04-08, 15:13
What time of the day do you take it? I take it when I get up so by bedtime I'm not wide awake.

Cynical
22-04-08, 15:52
I take it in the morning

fern210
22-04-08, 22:19
I had insomnia the first two weeks on it. I would wait a little bit, cause that side effect might subside. For me, the first two weeks of being on prozac was hard cause I was very anxious, jittery, and hyper, but that all subsided after about 2 weeks. It did for me and now my sleeping habits are back on track.

jonstar
19-08-08, 11:36
1. Take a Unisom an hour before bedtime, you will sleep like a baby

2. 10mg is a subtheraputic dose, so yes, you do need to take 2 to get benifit from the drug