PDA

View Full Version : new to this

pompey
22-04-08, 15:05
Hi everyone

I am new to this so it may take me a little while to get comfortable.

At the moment i am taking trazodone, 100m capsule and zopiclone, half of a 7,.5mg tab a night.

I do not have a problem with the zopiclone but i am trying to come of the Trazodone.

I did get up to 300mg of the tablet then in time cut myself down to 100mg. now i am finding it so hard to make the steps of reducing from 100mg to 50mg.

I really want to do this but the side effects of reducing from 100 to 50 is turnng me into someone i dont like.
I tend to keep myself away from ppl because of the terrible headaches and even doing anything is a struggle.

I do have my own business and my brother is my partner, this is making it so hard to run the day to day things. i have good days and bad and one of the problems is that i cannot just say to my brother, hey im depressed and feeling down today because he just says, sort your head out.

Ok enough for now.

take care
Pompey

thevoicewithinme
22-04-08, 15:26
Hello Pompey and welcome to NMP.

You will find lots of useful advice here and make lots of new friends too...who know exactly what you are going through.

Welcome to the family.

Kaz

pompey
22-04-08, 15:42
Thank you Kaz that was so very much appreciated.

marie1974
22-04-08, 16:19
hello and welcome this site is great i have had loads support, advice and made friends and everyone understands eachother. once your body is used to the meds you are on you will feel better, but for me i started exercising jogging but mainly brisk walks and conquered my depression and most of my anxiety at first you will feel tired but after a month or so u will have more energy, motivation, you feel positive and i lost a stone too. now i walk every day miles and i love it. mayb try half hour a day and build up to may hour a day or split it up and it definately helps xxxx

pompey
22-04-08, 16:39
Hi Donna

and thank you very much for the reply.

i think you are so right about the exercising, i did start going out walking a while ago but had to stop due to my work load. But now i am ready to start again, the feelings from a nice walk really do help.

It is really nice to know that there are people who have been through and are going through similar situations as ourselves, it makes it a little easier.

take care

marie1974
22-04-08, 16:45
hi yes so many people go through this but not all want to talk about it and its a must, i think its great if u gonna start walking just start off little and build up i walk miles ever day now and sometimes i think oh no i dont feel like it but once i done it i feel great and you will too. also people who suffer depression and anxiety need to keep life as simple as they can and get rid of any negative things around them i did this too i am much happier i still have my days but nothing like b4 xxx

trac67
22-04-08, 17:34
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
22-04-08, 17:46
Hello Pompey And Welcome..i Wish Ya Well.....linda

chalky
22-04-08, 19:30
Hi Pompey,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
22-04-08, 19:49
hiya Pompey :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you find lots of support/advice and very understanding ppl to talk to. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:29
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

nomorepanic
22-04-08, 21:47
Hi Pompey

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Joe1981
23-04-08, 06:53
Welcome to the site! :D

pompey
23-04-08, 07:58
Its so nice to be greeted in such a lovely way, thank you all so very much.
Al

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 09:26
Hi Pompey

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx