PDA

View Full Version : Normal

pompey
22-04-08, 15:14
HI

I am trying to cut down from my meds. i am currently taking Zopiclone, half a 7.5mg tablet and Trazodone, 100mg tablet a night.

The three main reasons i want to come of these tablets are:

1. I really dont want to spend the rest of my life having to take meds.

2. I think due to the Trazodone i am having terrible sexual problems, and to counter this i have avoided relaitionships but have recently met a woman who i really have fallen in love with, i am scared that my problems will push her away.

3. At the time i was prescribed the Trazodone i was going throught a stressful time, this lasted for maybe two years but now i feel that i have no reason to be depressed and that i am only addicted to the tablet.

Coming off these tablets does have its comebacks and i am going through them now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be made easier.

thank you
Pompey

amandaj
22-04-08, 17:03
hi im on trazadone also did your gp say to stop taking them?cos if he didnt the side effects can be horrendous apparantly,my gp upped mine today from 150mg to 300mg im not having the probs you are on them sorry cant ofer much advice except please ont just stop taking them hope things improve for you
amandax

pompey
23-04-08, 12:11
Hi Amanda

Thank you so much for the advice.

I now understand what you mean about coming straight off them and its somehing i promise you i wont do.

I did manage to come down from 300mg to 100mg but that was over a matter off weeks. I also did this without the knowledge of the doctor at the time. It really was a case of them being thrown at me, (long story).But i did manage the drop alright.

but the 100mg to 50mg drop is not working or should i say i dont like the feelings it is giving me or the change in me. Maybe, and this is sad to say, i should accept what the doctor said and stay on 100mg. Its just so sad when you think that you are not really stressed or depressed, and want to stop what you are taking.

Amanda I hope that like me you will soon be able to slowly drop the dose you are taking in time, but in the meanwhile i hope that the increase will help you and give you the peace in mind that you so thoroughly deserve.

Please take care and thank you so much for you reply.
Alx

janey50
16-05-08, 13:37
Hi Al. I too am on trazodone - 150mg at night. I've not found them much good for my depression and altho my anxiety is a bit better, I'm worried that I'm just making yet another rod for my back as I'll have to come off them at some point. How are you doing? I hope you're making progress and feel that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Can you cut the tablets up with a pill cutter? That might help to reduce in smaller amounts. wishing you all the best, janey.

LindyF
16-05-08, 13:40
I wonder if the reason you are not stressed or depressed is because you ARE taking the tablets, maybe you are not yet ready. I am no expert I am fighting without meds.xxhugxx

janey50
19-05-08, 13:12
Amanda, and Al - I've just been upped from 150 to 200. Not sure whether to take it all at night or take 50 in the day. It's up to me to experiment apparently. When do you take Yr Trazodone? I don't want to be dopey in the daytime but if it helps to reduce my anxiety, that would be a bonus. Thanks. Janey

milly jones
19-05-08, 15:18
hi pompey,

im sorry are having a bad time with ur meds,

i dont know anything about the meds ur on sorry.

all i would say is that u are a lovely guy and im glad u have found someone that u are in love with to share ur life.

all problems have solutions given time,

best wishes

milly

marie1974
19-05-08, 21:59
:winks: hey pompey just wanted to say hi and i am dead pleased you have found yourself a lovely new lady:yesyes: , you gave me great advice a few weeks back and i havent forgot. cant really help on the meds to much only that years back when i was on anti depressents when i was coming off them i did quite a bit off exercise and this helped me to feel good kind of a buzz and eventually i didnt need them anymore. hope you well and good luck with yr new relationship im really pleased for ya hun :bighug1: