PDA

View Full Version : Hi-I'm new to this site

aims84
22-04-08, 16:37
Hi everyone,

I'm 23 and have been diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. I am taking medication - citalopram and am having CBT, which was very scary at first but I feel its starting to make a difference.

My anxiety affects my life everyday..I have become separated from all my friends and now I only really spend time with my boyfriend, and definitely don't go out as often as other people do. It also affects my time at uni where i feel different from all the other people and very, very alone. I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember and the depression started a couple of years ago...it took me a long time to get help, but I'm glad I finally did!

Anyway enough about me..sorry for rambling!lol

It would be great to hear from other people in similar situations, looking through some of the posts in the site..its like I'm reading about myself!

Aims xxxx

marie1974
22-04-08, 16:41
hiya and welcome you will find loads of advice and support on here and make friends too, i suffered depression and anxiety and at times i dont like going out and seeing people but for me walking brisk walking saved me and made me motivated lots of energy and i lost a stone too. it took a month or so before a really saw changes as i got tired at first but now my depression has gone and i feel more confident and motivated xx

bluebell68
22-04-08, 17:13
Hi Aims...:welcome: to NMP......i am so glad that you are getting help and support in dealing with your anxiety.....you will find so many wonderful people here who can totally relate to what you have been going thru and it will be great to hear how you are getting on as your CBT goes along... keep posting and so glad to have you onboard:yesyes:
Best wishes
Rach

trac67
22-04-08, 17:33
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
22-04-08, 17:47
Hello Aims And Welcome ....i Wish Ya Well......linda

chalky
22-04-08, 19:32
Hi Aims84,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
22-04-08, 19:53
hiya Aims :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you find lots of support/advice and very understanding ppl to talk to. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:30
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

nomorepanic
22-04-08, 21:45
Hi Aims

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Joe1981
23-04-08, 06:55
Welcome to the site! :D

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 09:27
Hi Aims

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx