PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Eyesight

pigtailplaits
22-04-08, 19:20
Hello everyone,
i have never used a forum before but in my desperation for some help and understanding i have decided to join.
My name is Joanne, i am 23 years old.
9 weeks ago, i took myself to A&E and told them I thought I had a brain tumor. They did an MRI scan because i was in such a state. Since then my mind is working overtime and i think that every tiny ache and pain is the start of some malicious disease. I was kept in hospital for a week while they ruled out other illnesses i was complaining about and i am seeing a therapist. Some of my anxiety symptoms have passed such as the nausea but there is one symptom that will not go and it is really bothering me - can anyone else relate to this - its my eyes. My vision is not correct and this is what started my fear of a brain tumor. Every minute of every day my vision seems out of focus, its not quite double yet not quite single. its as if i cannot keep up with what i am looking at, looking at anything with vertical stripes makes my squint and i can not read a newspaper etc coz the words look like they are dancing around on the paper. This has been going on 9 weeks. Also, my periods stopped at xmas - is this another symptom of anxiety? Is it normal to suffer from anxiety even though you cant think of one thing in particular that you are anxious about?
Apologies for asking so many questions, but its something that is controlling my life and i cant seem to let go. I have a very supportive partner but he just tells me to go back to doctors all the time. I also have a one year old daughter. I never knew a mental disorder could be so physical. keen to speak to anyone with similar disorder x:)

kellie
22-04-08, 19:47
hiya pigtail :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you find lots of support/advice and very understanding ppl to talk to. And yes hun your eye sight can go qiute haywire when you are suffering with anx, i can certainly relate to the eye symptoms you have been haveing. also its not unconnem for your periods to stop or become irregular when you are feeling very stressed. take a good look at the symptoms section on the left, it will help answer some of your questions. Dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all about these things.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

chalky
22-04-08, 20:04
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:30
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

nomorepanic
22-04-08, 21:44
Hi Joanne

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Have you had an eye test recently?

Lindalou64
23-04-08, 13:12
Hello Joan And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well,,,,linda

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 13:46
Hi Joanne

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

munchkin555
25-04-08, 21:48
hi joanne! welcome!
im vicki, im new too.
i understand how your feeling sweetie coz i get the same thing.
but dont worry tho coz we can all beat this illness and come out of it stronger than ever!!
luv
vicki
xxxxxx

trac67
30-04-08, 11:17
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Joe1981
30-04-08, 22:43
:welcome: to the site! :D