PDA

View Full Version : Hi---just wanted to introduce myself properly!

jellybean43
22-04-08, 20:51
Hi
I just thought i had best introduce myself properly! I am from the north east and a mum to two grown up kids. I first suffered with anxiety after I had my youngest ---wayyyyy back in 1986!! I had what the doctor described as post natal anxiety and tension----at my worst i couldnt even go out of the house!!I was on Buspar(think that is right---soooo long ago i cant remember) and I also saw a Community nurse ---she was fantastic! She called each week and took me shopping, out for lunch---all the things i couldnt do!It actually took me about 7 years to completely recover----and for the past 15 years I have been ok most of the time.
Anyhow, after moving house last September ----I have now got HEALTH ANXIETY.I had lived in my old house for 19 years and on the same estate for 24 years.We moved out of town as we couldnt sell our house so we had to part ex.We had been trying to sell our house for the best part of a year and we had a buyer pull out at the last minute costing us nearly 1K in fees that we had paid out!!!!Everything and anything that could go wrong in that year did!!
The day of the move went disastrously wrong----the builders hadnt had our carpets laid as promised and we were sat outside in the freezing cold til nearly midnight!!!Soooooooo three weeks later when i thought I could feel a swelling in my neck i nearly freaked out!!!
Six months later------several tests including X ray and blood tests and three doctors confirming i am ok and it isnt what i think it is and i am still freaking out.This bleeding anxiety has well and truely got a hold!!!
I am booked in to see a counsellor and I am hoping i can conquer this like i did all those years ago.
Sorry, for the long post!!!!
I just want to say a HUGE THANKS TO ALL THOSE ON THE HEALTH ANXIETY BOARD that have helped me---you know who you are!!!
Without you i wouldnt have gone to see the doc again and got booked in for some CBT!!
Thanks----you are all lovely xxxxxx

marie1974
22-04-08, 20:58
hiya i am so pleased you went to docs and got sorted out and also that you seeing a counsellor, i am too tomorrow 1st time. you will get through this as u have done it before xx:yesyes: :hugs:

Nibbles
22-04-08, 21:31
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

nomorepanic
22-04-08, 21:42
Hi JellyBean

Just wanted to officially welcome you aboard now :welcome:

Glad you are getting some help in the HA forum as well

trac67
22-04-08, 22:08
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 06:41
Hi Jellybean

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Joe1981
23-04-08, 06:50
Welcome to the site! :D

Angel64
23-04-08, 07:44
Hi Jelly, ok so life has thrown you a huge 'blip' but hey you know the way out you've been here and done it before, get all the tests and believe in the results !! (thats the bit I find the hardest).

I have had bouts of anxiety all my life, but it does seem the older you get the harder it is to just 'get over it'. Positive hugs to you :bighug1:

Christine xx :flowers:

chalky
23-04-08, 08:07
Hi Jellybean,

You are officially welcomed!!!!! lol

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

After what you have been through,I couldn't help but think:- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight,it's the size of the fight in the dog."
You are definitely proving that by your courage and commitment to fighting for your health.
Keep believing in yourself.
You will get better.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
23-04-08, 08:57
hiya jellybean. a very big well done to you for going to your doc and getting things sorted :yesyes: :yesyes: . you have beaten this befor and with the doc/cbt/nmp behind you for support you will do it again. im here anytime if you need to talk,if im not in the chat room just send me a pm and ill get back to you asap.
big big hugs for you hun :bighug1: :bighug1:
best wishes
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
23-04-08, 13:07
Hello Jellybean And Welcome...i Wish Ya Well........linda

jellybean43
24-04-08, 18:55
Awww thanks everyone for your support ----I hope i can help others on here.
For some reason i cant get in to chat---it says in need to install JAVA or something? I have just got a new computer so not sure if that is the problem.
I will have to get OH to take a look xxx