PDA

View Full Version : A small step for some but a huge one for me!

Granny Primark
22-04-08, 22:38
Today I drove into our city centre with my daughter and grandaughter.
Its only a short journey and I can do it now without too much panic as long as im not on my own.
However this morning my hubby suggested going to the bus station and getting on the bus he was driving and going a trip to another town 30 mins on the bus away.
I panicked at the thought of it. But I knew I had to do it. Ive always loved a challenge but when my panic attacks started 3 years ago I just felt like I couldnt cope with any challenge. A challenge to me 3 years ago was to get up out of bed.
I got on the bus but even before the bus started to move I was panic stricken and wanted to get off. My daughter said well if you do I wont be coming with you.
I decided to stay put. We had a lovely trip to cheadle in staffordshire. We had a walk round the small town and then caught the bus back an hour later.
Im so pleased and proud of myself.
Next week we intend to get the bus to Stafford. Then in May I hope to be able to go to Manchester on the train with my family.
I just want to say a BIG THANKS to Samkirman and also to kaz (thevoicewithinme).
I txt them when I was on the bus and panicking like mad and they gave me loads of support.

Take care
LYNN xx

bluebell68
22-04-08, 23:38
Hi Lynn...... what a great achievement... you felt the fear and today you got thru it......this is just one way that NMP is great, we can be having a really rubbish day and then we read a post like yours and it inspires us to hope for a better day tomoro......i have only recently joined NMP but i have been following your threads and its so nice to hear that you have had such a lovely day... you made it happen and you should be very proud...if you don't mind me saying, you kicked anxiety's butt today ......good for you :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: ...
Hugs :bighug1:
Rach

Karen
23-04-08, 00:04
Well done Lynn :yesyes: and I'm so glad you had a good time :hugs:

Karen xx

kellie
23-04-08, 09:18
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a big big well done to you lynn :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: . its amazing what old grannys can do when they realy want to :roflmao: .
honestly hun you did great so just keep it going one step at a time and report back with every journey you do. we want to hear about them and give you some :bighug1: :bighug1:
good luck and happy travelling
take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
23-04-08, 09:45
WELL DONE Lyn:yesyes: :yesyes: !

Bus Journeys where always one of my biggest challenges:ohmy: , so i can understand just how BIG this achievement must be for you.:yesyes:

Keep up the brill work Lyn:flowers:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

tayside lassie
23-04-08, 09:52
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYGB) hello lynn ..you must be feeling very..very proud of yourself once you start there will be no stopping you ...i too am able to go here and there after being stuck in the house for two year but not done the bus thing yet ..so very well done ......

sally

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxdm824YYGB&utm_id=7921)

hopeful
23-04-08, 13:15
Bet you feel really proud of yourself,and so you should.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yahoo:
julie x:hugs:

Lindalou64
23-04-08, 13:24
Thats Great Lynn Im So Happy For You....your Doing Very Well Hun......where Have Ya Been I Miss You Lol...hope Everythin Is Going Well .....keep In Touch............linda Xxxx

Granny Primark
23-04-08, 14:09
Thanks for your good wishes.
It just goes to prove you can beat it with help and support from friends and family and determination.
Im far from over panic, in fact i dont that that will ever happen. But at the moment thank goodness my life is far better than it was 3 years ago.
Linda i miss you too mate. Where have I been? Busy being a granny! Life is far richer now since the birth of my grandaughter last October. Its great to be needed and loved again.

Take care
LYNN xx

clair7
23-04-08, 14:56
well done lynn!! The bus is also a major issue for me, havent tried in over a year but your success had given me confidence that one day i can do it too.
Well done again, am so chuffed for you!:yesyes:

Coni
23-04-08, 21:00
Well done lynn...that is fantastic and you are right to be chuffed with yourself...and who knows wher your travels might eventually take you lol!

Well done!!!

Coni XXX

eternally optimistic
23-04-08, 22:17
Well done Lynn,

Understand how something like this is a big inspiration to you.

You go girl.

Jackie

Granny Primark
23-04-08, 22:22
I can fully understand how people have a fear of going on a bus. Its the fact that you just cant turn round and head back home if you start to feel panicky.
But also for me I had extra pressure. Me hubby was the bus driver!!!! And I dont feel safe with him in the car! :roflmao:
If I can do it im sure anyone can.:yesyes:
But having someone to txt and give reassurance is a marvellous help.
Im more than willing to give out my mobile number to anyone that I can help when they start to feel anxious and start to panic.

Take care
LYNN xx

margaret911
23-04-08, 22:46
Well done Lynn
I think you did brilliant and I am really pleased for you.
love Mags xxxx

kazzie
23-04-08, 23:14
NICE ONE LYNN:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Lilith1980
24-04-08, 09:33
Hey Lynn

Well done for doing it hun, you did so well. Keep at it because it will get easier and it will boost your confidence no end! :D

Jo xxxxx

belle
24-04-08, 11:36
Thats not a small step, thats a HUGE step!
WELL DONE :)

x

(I'd be happy if i was able to walk to the bus stop...lol)