PDA

View Full Version : Googling!

Emira7
23-04-08, 08:12
Hey All

A random post, amazing how many of us feel that horrible urge to type in all the symptoms and google to find some nasty horrible condition.

I have not googled for quite sometime now, although the temptation is there.

We could do with a keyring or a teddybear or something that we can look at to remind ourselves NO GOOGLING!!

Anyway, like I said, very random post indeed.

Em

manmoor
23-04-08, 08:31
Hi Emira,

What an excellent post to read first thing in the morning when the google temptation is upmost on my mind hun lol thank you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

bottleblond
23-04-08, 09:36
Ems

Lmao!! fab hun!!

NO Mr google....remember we banned him.

Why don't you buy one of the little NMP Teddies? I have got two and the live right beside my computer.

just a wee suggestion :smile:

Love Lisa
xxxxx

Emira7
23-04-08, 09:40
I think I will, i could do with one by my PC at work, and one at home.

We need a 12 step programme for googling - a bit like aloholics anonymous!!
LOL

Em
xxx

Janieb
23-04-08, 10:30
I do google sometimes, however sometimes I put positive words in my google search and only read what look positive like preventative measures :)

Still it's a limiting thing, so if you have to google be a bit positive :)

miss diagnosis
23-04-08, 12:27
ah google. the old worst case scenario giver :-*

apparently cybercondria is becoming quite commonplace.

breeze25
23-04-08, 13:29
Agree, the urge to google is too tempting sometimes, I try to rationalise it by saying I will find something simple to stop the worrying, but of course I bypass all the sane things to find the most deadly and start the cycle of thats what I have.

Its weird really as my mum is not too good and I asked her what was wrong and googled her symptoms and actually ignored all the nasty ones and focused on the nicer ones, so for me its no goggle my symptoms.

worriedGrace
23-04-08, 14:54
I know I shouldn't google but I still do. I tell myself I am looking for reassurance but it never works out that way. Another good tip is never tell the doctor what you found out by googling your symptoms. The really hate that.

Emira7
23-04-08, 15:33
It is funny how we all really support one another 100%, and focus on the positive, and encourage each other to think rationally if one of us is struggling with HA.

However we find it hard to apply that logic in our own situation.

Cybercondria, I can well believe it.

I went on a course with my friend to Barcelona, it was a medical course. Anyway I work in the NHS and was looking at possibly purchasing some books for students, getting costs. Anyway I had to literally prise myself away from looking up diagnosis! I literally chucked the books back at him as they had loads of cardiac stuff!!

Nightmare
xx

menomum
23-04-08, 16:29
Hi there, bottleblond you mentioned 'little NMP teddies' where do you get these from please.

Shadowwin
23-04-08, 20:28
Google = Evil I want a bumper stick or something I can put on my monitor that says just that lol.. Teddy Bear with a T Shirt that has the word google with a big red circle around it "Say no to Google!" I really hate the darned thing... Even the other night when I was looking for images of excerises to help with my back strain I got all the horror stories!!!!!! Bad google.. no cookie for you..