PDA

View Full Version : Today I have..............

LindyF
23-04-08, 11:31
This is the place to put your achievement/s for today no matter how tiny they were to you they were a triumph xxhugxx:yesyes:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that
take our breath away"

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 11:57
Good thread Lindy!

My little triumph is.....

I got a bit wound up with myself this morning about something quite trivial and did an exercise which I have been reading about in my CBT book, where I wrote down how I felt and looked at my thinking errors and it really helped calm me down and not feel so annoyed at myself :)

Jo xxxxx

thevoicewithinme
23-04-08, 12:11
I guess mine is that I finally went to the doctor about my chest (I am asthmatic). It has been so bad lately that when Im breathing sounds like Im sawing wood. Well, the lady doctor I saw, has put me on steriod tablets, antibiotics and increased the dosages in my inhalers, cos turned out I have a chest infection (which I suspected, but have major fears about) as well as my asthma.

There is also a second plus side about going, because it looks like I have finally found a doctor who I can talk to. I kind of broached the subject of my panic attacks returning and my agrophobia too, and she put her hand on my arm and said 'Lets get your chest sorted first, but come back and see me next week and we will nip it in the bud for you before it gets any worse' She had such an understanding look in her eyes that she made me feel completely at ease. Soooooo, next wednesday I am finally seeing a doctor about my anxiety.

Lilith1980
23-04-08, 12:31
That's great hun! It makes such a difference when you have a doctor who cares :)

Jo xxxxx

LindyF
23-04-08, 12:33
Fantastic well done both of you such a triumph.:yesyes:

samc100
23-04-08, 14:15
Today is my first day out of hospital after 4 days (not panic related) and I am amazed to say dispite the pro-longed stay and the tests and the pain I didn't go into Panic mode ( though I cried quite a lot). The nursing staff never realised I had anxiety issues.

shakey1961
23-04-08, 14:18
Well, it's not a triumph, but........

1. Coming form the Blue side of Liverpool, last night's own goal has made my season.
2. I found out I'm getting my housing benefit backdated, a nice cheque for £2000 next week.
3. I'm getting a refund of the emergency tax I've been paying which I reckon is approx. £500
4. Mamma Mia is out on film in July so I shall be reliving my teenage years dancing in the aisles.
5. I treated myself to some Roll mop herrings yesterday, so I slobbered out of the supermarket.
6. It's St. Georges day
7. It's a nice warm sunny day
8. I'm feeling calm and relaxed

Everything is well with the world today - let's hope tomorrow follows in the same vein!

LindyF
23-04-08, 14:23
Well done Sam what a terriffic triumph for you :yesyes:
Shakey what a wonderful list of good news.:)

xxhugxx

Allye
23-04-08, 15:11
my achievement - since coming off Citalopram last month I have not had a panic attack - some anxiety yes but not a full blown PA

LindyF
23-04-08, 15:36
:whistles: Oh Allye well done sounds like a triumph to me. xxhugxx

menomum
23-04-08, 15:49
this has been my best day since starting on citalopram 2 weeks ago. Feel calm and even quite relaxed, no shaking body or hands, starting to look past just struggling through the day as i have been and best of all not focusing so much on health anxieties. Hoping to improve daily.

LindyF
23-04-08, 15:54
Menomum Wonderful news sounds like you will be enjoying the sunny weather:yesyes: xxhugxx

pooh
23-04-08, 16:34
today i have....finally done some housework lol and handed in my notice and feel relaxed for first time in weeks about going to work this evening. YAY

LindyF
23-04-08, 16:41
:roflmao: Well done Pooh what a huge triumph for you enjoy your evening xxhugxx

pooh
23-04-08, 16:53
PS I love the positivety of this thread xxxhugs right back at yaxxx

jesse08
23-04-08, 18:20
This is a great positive post. I hope I can add to it in a few days.

LindyF
23-04-08, 18:34
Jesse well done for being able to get to the pc I could not have a few weeks ago so that in itself is a triumph in my book:yesyes:

hazey-babe
23-04-08, 19:10
My triumph is........... Don't laugh. I managed to take the car to the car wash and stay in it when it was being washed... Silly I know but I haven't been able to stay in it for fear that I won't be able to get out in the middle of the wash. I did it hurray!!!!
Hazel xo:yesyes:

LindyF
23-04-08, 19:18
:whistles: Well done you I could never sit in the car in the car wash even before I became unwell so a HUGE triumph for you. xxhugxx

LindyF
23-04-08, 20:50
I am going off for tonight now. A huge well done to anyone who adds tonight who has had a triumph however tiny. xxhugxx Oh in case anyone wondered mine was an extra four steps away from the house towards the garden.

SueBee
23-04-08, 21:04
I love this thread :)

It really does give me inspiration to do things that scare the hell out of me!

Well, today I made positive steps to sorting out my finances. I had a debt on a credit card resulting from my divorce which I've been running away from for the last 3 years. It got so bad, I stopped opening letters unless I knew EXACTLY what was in them and even stopped answering the phone because it was BOUND to be THEM chasing me for the money.

I phoned them today - shaking and sweating, dont want you to get the idea that it was easy lol. GUESS WHAT??!!! They didnt shout at me or tell me off!!

I made an agreement to pay a bit a month and that was it. Why are things sooooo scary in your head, yet the reality is totally, totally different?

I'm proud of myself :D

LindyF
23-04-08, 22:00
Sueebb I am so glad I popped back on before going to bed. My goodness you must be so very very proud of your triumphs today a massive well done. I really am going to bed now. xxhugxx:yesyes:

pooh
24-04-08, 00:03
Well done Lindy xxx four steps towards a positive future keep going girl xxx