PDA

View Full Version : Please some one help..?

Sunny_x
23-04-08, 12:01
hiya, it has been about 6 months since i have been diagnosed with ptsd, its been very hard and im not sure how im going 2 get over every thing, i cant leave the house, but i have a psycologist who i see every 2 weeks and she helps, but the thing is, i rele need sum1s adivce.. ever scine the incadent (wot happend 2 me) i have been hearing a voice, not constantly tho, only when things get rly bad. i have herd him about 5 times in the last 6 months. i have onyl just told my mum n she ses 2 tell my psycologist.. but i dont kno wot 2 do. sum one help? x:unsure:

Lynnann
23-04-08, 22:09
Hi sunny,

I am so sorry that you have to go through the trials of PTSD, it is not an easy thing to live with. However you have a diagnosis and treatment in place and that is a great start. I do have to agree with your mother and you need to discuss with your psycologist the voice that you are hearing when things get bad. She will be able to provide you with insight and hopefully coping mechanisms. I hope this helps

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Oceanblue
23-04-08, 22:21
I had a major break down afew years back, after a traumatic event. I was then diagnosed with Bi-polar.

It sounds like you are going through a terrible time right now, and maybe you too have suffered some sort of break down, going by what you're experiencing. This has happened to me in the past and it only really happened when I became very stressed.

You must try and work with your Psychologist and let him/her know what's happening. Try not to feel frightened, this is actually very common when somebody has been through traumatic events.

I'm not sure whether or not you're well enough to watch this programme, but recently afew of us have been discussing the Documentary/Film called; The Doctor Who Hears Voices. If you are up to it, though if I'm honest i'm not sure whether you are, but... you can catch it on Channel 4 Website.

Take care and keep in touch. Let us know how you're getting on. :flowers:

Tom_M
26-04-08, 23:45
Hi Sunny
I don't know the circumstances of your PTSD, but I'm surmising that you are a victim of something. Now the way I would deal with this would be to turn all your negative thoughts into anger. Remember, you are the victim, why should you be suffering. Why should someone make you feel the way you do, they have no damn right to do that. I guess it's not so easy to do that, but you have to channel your anxiety in some way.

marie1974
27-04-08, 00:13
hiya if you get angry and focus your energys on recovering and eing able to smile and get on with life and be sucessful thats the best form of revenge. sorry i dont know your circumstances but please stay strong xxxxx

Divinely Desolate
26-05-08, 12:55
Be strong sunny, its a challenge we face but in the very end you'll win and its been proven countless times that people with this disorder can beat it, i went through a traumatic time a while ago and i some times feel p.t.s.d is affecting me but there are always ways to overcome i just have to figure out whats steps to take and what help i need to seek, you just have to believe stay positive and be happy! :yesyes:

Mere
15-06-08, 01:12
Hello Sunny,

Please do tell your therapist about this. It sounds to me as though you are under extreme stress, and you could do with some extra support right now. I think you also could do with an explanation of your symptoms.

Can I also ask that you see your therapist weekly? That would be better for your sense of continuity and trust. If you are unable to do this, then, continue to visit fortnightly, but please tell your therapist about ANYTHING that is worrying you. That is what therapists are for.

I'm so glad you felt able to post about this, though. Bless you for reaching out to folks who have been where you are now.

Mere

josinger
21-06-08, 02:07
Hi Sunny,
Sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. I have suffered ptsd since a serious incident in my life in 1994. It took a while to diognose and I felt I was going MAD. At the time I went to see my G.P and made numerous excuses on how I felt. I was first diognosed with depression and a short while after that with the ptsd. I was wide awake but it felt like a huge nightmare. Everything was so clear and detailed but as though it was a bad dream. I have had lots of support and I am pleased to say that the initial flashbacks have got few an far between, but if you are hearing voices please go and see your G.P as if they are supportive they will help you. Don't know if your on medication, but if you are maybe it needs checking. Hope this helps. I'm sorry if message is a bit jumbled but I,m feeling really crap at the mo and I've had no alternative but to go back on the tnquilisrs for a short time. Your not on your own hun. Take care, and God bless, Some one is thinking of you, and all our fellow sufferers.
Love Josinger. xx

josinger
21-06-08, 02:09
ps Don't fightt the fear. sorry about the bad spelling.

kimmy
25-06-08, 22:27
I work in a mental health unit for young people, well its a school for yp with issues etc. There is a young girl there who too heard voices, she was not schizophrenic etc it was her bodies coping mechanism. I hope this helps

noworriesnocries
13-07-08, 22:45
I would tell everything to my doc. That is the only way s/he will understand you and give a helping hand. Please tell him/her... S/he will help the voice to go away :)

smile
08-08-08, 10:42
Sorry to hear about your bad times hun,my advice is stay strong and yes,I totally agree that you must tell the Psychologist about the voice.From personal experience(not myself) person I knew was told it is actually your sub conscious mind-let the professionals help you hunni,please don't keep anything bottled up,hugs to you x

stephlet
23-08-08, 17:22
yes, i think you should tell your therapist this. I too hear 6 voices and they are auditory hallucinations that can occur during high anxiety, depression and PTSD. It is a form of stress sometimes and voices can be your subconscious thinking at times.

Steph