PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance please..........

kjen
31-03-05, 11:01
Well, I suffer from emetophobia.........

There seems to be some sort of bug going round at the min....... I've finally managed to drag myself into work (from fear of catching it) and went over to reception........... receptionist looked poorly and asked if she was ok..... she said she felt sick since she got up this morning eeeeewwwwwwwwww i'm soooo scared i'm gonna catch this bug...... one of my friends had it and then someone i sit next to at work had it (although it was nearly 2 weeks ago now) but still.......... I'm dying to go round to reception and question her............. arrrggggghhhh this has to stop........... i know when i'm in bed to tonight i'll have my PA (feel sick, sweaty, legs shake, go pale etc....) and convince myself i've got it... thats what i've done for the past week anyway.............. rrrrrrrrrrrrr someone please help

FAN
31-03-05, 11:05
hi kjen im sure your going to be ok seems its that time again where there are all sorts of bugs going round and someone has always got something, you cant avoid it im afraid so just try not worry too much which will stress you out then when your stressed you seem to catch everything and anything:D

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
31-03-05, 12:43
hello,

As Fan says, there are loads of bugs going around at the moment so it could be that you catch something. Just try to relax and take things as they come and I'm sure you will be fine..

Sarah :D

carlin
31-03-05, 14:55
Hi there, please try not to worry to much, you won't definately get the bug that's going around, and you mentioned that omeone had it 2 weeks ago, i think it would have come your way by now, try not to work yourself up about tonight, change your bedtime routine a little, bath, relaxation cd, music, reading tv. whtever you can manage, if you know that when you go to bed tonight you'll have a panic attack, you most certainly will, try thinking, i haven't got this bug as yet, and probably i won't get it at all. I try different things all the time, sometimes they work, and sometimes they definately do not, but you can actually talk yourself into an attack, trust me i know from my experiences. take care xxxx

doddy
31-03-05, 22:50
kjen,

why not look at it like this......well if you do get it so what?? ive had it and you feel crappy for a few days but it soon passes..........accept that it might happen....and realise if it does then it not a problem my friend.......trust me.

doddy

sal
31-03-05, 23:10
Kjen

It cant be easy feeling how you do without the added pressure but please dont assume you will get the bug hon.

Focus on how you feel and not how you might feel and take it day by day with our help.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kjen
01-04-05, 09:39
Hey,

Thanks for your replies!! Sometimes it is not easy to think if I do get it so what??? Because of my emetophobia, it frightens me to death to think I may be sick so I can't just toss that feeling aside and think 'so what!' I wish I could!!!!!

Well, the receptionist is looking ok this morning anyway..... she didn't have the bug!! She said she just felt rough yesterday that was all (Thank God!!!) So I've kinda calmed down abit this morning (yay!!) although I don't wanna speak too soon!

I'm going for a consultation with a hypnotherapist this afternoon to see if he'll be able to help me get over this......... has anyone got any opinions on it???? Does anyone know of anyone who has been cured?? Imagine how great it would be if I could beat this thing!!!!!! Well, I'll let u know my progress if anyone's interested x x x x ;)

mumof4
01-04-05, 11:14
I know how u feel i used to be like that i was in a terriable state i wouldnt eat nor go out and if anyone was ill i would ask them a hundrad questions what was wrong with them.

But it all changed last year i feel pregrannt and with that comes the morning sickness i was lucky i didnt suffer from any but i did manage to catch 2 bugs and i was sick a few times and after that i realised that it wasnt so bad and there was worse things than being sick and after 13 years of suffering it i am over it.

I wish u all the best and i hope u can get over it.

kjen
01-04-05, 11:25
Taylor,

Thanks for that....

I know in my rational mind u r completely right!!! It's just bringing myself to actually doing the deed! I remember when I was younger and I'd get sick and I would always think how much better I felt once I'd done it!!! But I can't seem to tell myself that now!!!!

I'm so glad you got over your fear it really gives me hope and inspiration! Did u receive any therapy etc for it???

mumof4
01-04-05, 11:40
yeah ive seen a councleer for about a year which has helped me alot.

I do hope u can get there and get better cause the worry can really drain u .

caz21
01-04-05, 13:15
if you worried al the time about catching a bug you would never go out! just think in your mind if you catch it you catch it what can you do about it? as was mentioned earlier thousands of bugs going around and people who look well and feel well could be carriers of it so u cant avoid everyone. hope u manage to cope ok.

caz

kjen
01-04-05, 14:20
Thanks guys

I'm sorry I just can't think like that though I really am trying.......... I can't believe how worked up I've got myself..... no-one around me is ill but still I'm worrying.... AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH it just seems so stupid no-one likes to get ill why do I have to make such a big deal?????!!!!

I don't mind colds or even the flu (which I had about 2 months ago) it's just sick bugs that bother me...................

RRRRRRRRR

Jan
01-04-05, 20:38
Hi Kjen

Not sure if it will help but maybe it will help your subconcious do you take anything to boost your immune system. Try taking vit c with zinc and maybe echinacea. I don't think you are making a big deal. I obsess over things like right now I am obsessed. i just think that it is the way we are made and we have to accept ourselves. (easy to say wish I could practice it)

Take care and don't beat yourself up about it.

Janine