PDA

View Full Version : scary feelings!!

caz21
31-03-05, 11:21
hi im new to this forum but desperately need some advice! ive been suffering from severe anxiety for a few months now and 3 weeks ago i was started on seroxat this has helped me but i still have a bad case of depersonalisation does this feeling eventually go? what can you do to get rid of it? i feel that im concentarting to much on my breathing to and now it doest feel right or i need to keep thinking about it to make sure im breathing! if anyone else has same experience need some advice!! i keep thinking im never gonna feel 100% the same again :(

seh1980
31-03-05, 12:29
hello Caz,

If you have only been on Seroxat for three weeks then you need to give it more time. In a couple of weeks, you will probably feel that the depersonalisation is slowly going away as the meds kick in..

Sarah :D

Meg
31-03-05, 15:14
Hi Caz

They will go as you get calmer.

The meds do take a while to settle on and you can feel very unstable for the first few weeks.

Try helping yourself to learn to deeply relax, relaxation CD's, lavender aromatherapy, massage, yoga, Tai'chi, meditation etc all help enormously too.

Depersonalization: D/Personalisation (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2304)

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
31-03-05, 23:54
Pleased the meds have helped. It is only normal to focus on a problem like breathing as we hold on to or dwell on what we can. You take hold of the fact that the tablets have helped you and work from there. We are all here to help you and hope the tablets have giving you that head start

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.